Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

What is your recent ALCHEMY purchase?

More
12 years 5 months ago #36323 by firensia
Morgana wrote:

firensia wrote:

I paid full price at my local dealer

firensia, if this is a local store that you shop at, would you mind sharing their contact info? There used to be a store in Halifax that carried AG items, but they've gone out of business, so I'm looking for another source. I know you're in a different province, but I'd like to find somewhere that's at least in the same time zone...

It's actually a webstore. :laugh: I've never seen any Alchemy items in store anywhere here so I always have to buy online. Sent you a PM with the info. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #36354 by Morgana
firensia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

firensia wrote:

I paid full price at my local dealer

firensia, if this is a local store that you shop at, would you mind sharing their contact info? There used to be a store in Halifax that carried AG items, but they've gone out of business, so I'm looking for another source. I know you're in a different province, but I'd like to find somewhere that's at least in the same time zone...

It's actually a webstore. :laugh: I've never seen any Alchemy items in store anywhere here so I always have to buy online. Sent you a PM with the info. :)

Got it, thanks for the info. Sounds like they have pretty good rates/shipping... I'll have to check into it.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Morgana.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #36532 by StephenG
Wikiipedia writes:
A QUAICH , archaically quaigh, is a special kind of shallow two-handled drinking cup or bowl in Scotland. It derives from the Scottish Gaelic cuach (Scottish Gaelic pronunciation: [kʰuəx]) meaning a cup.
According to the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica, the quaich was inspired by the low silver bowls with two flat handles frequently used as bleeding vessels in England and the Netherlands in the 17th century. Another popular theory suggests that the shape is derived from scallop shells. However, this seems to have had its origins in the now discredited \"Poems of Ossian\".....and it goes on from there.

With that in mind:

this piece actually came from Alchemy Pewter.
It is REALLY small,
but the bats make it nifty
:cheer:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by StephenG.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36533 by black_magnolia
:ohmy: Now that's a rare piece! Love the bats! :kiss:
Another ebay find? ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #36534 by StephenG
black_magnolia wrote:

:ohmy: Now that's a rare piece! Love the bats! :kiss:
Another ebay find? ;)

Thank you Ms. Magnolia,
:blush:
yes, I do enjoy my eBay,don't I ?
plus being homebound most of the time gives me plenty of opportunity to look stuff up.

Let me give you the name of the eBay vendor I purchased this quaich & my AFTERLIFE STOOP from. that way you can go see if there is anything you find you like. Her eBay name is KITTYPY . She used to run a goth boutique before she retired*
*please note I said the word retired there-she is a lady of years. So even though she still has items from when her shoppe was open, she does not put a great deal on eBay at one time. So,you might have to be patient, like I have to be...

++important note--She does not sell outside the U.S.A. :S ++

so what I was thinking is if anyone across the pond(or anywhere else) is interested in a particular item of hers,let ME know and I will buy it from her and re-sale and ship to you for NO profit (but you will have to cover the cost of shipping as well as the item price...That's fair, I think)

Speaking of eBay; There's gonna be a post coming from yours truly (as soon as I find the cord)
that is fairly epic...my pre-apology now in case it winds up taking too space in the postings

T
T
F
N
:side:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by StephenG.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36545 by Envy
^ I love it! ^.^

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds