Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Cleaning Your Alchemy Items

More
14 years 7 months ago #621 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:cleaning jewelry
ohh..i remember a site that boldly said that pewter can easily be cleansed with cabbage leaves ... very very very funny actually ( now when i think about it )...but it wasn't funny when i kept trying with that leaf... the lesson here is that \" never believe what certain sites say \"...:laugh: :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #623 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:cleaning jewelry
Please, do believe those sites, what else could we others have a good laugh about? :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #625 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:cleaning jewelry
ohh my...i'm so happy that you are laughing at me...don't forget ...when u are cornered, u accept whatever solution comes ur way ....but nevertheless i am glad i gave :laugh: you a good laugh ...:woohoo:

More
14 years 7 months ago #632 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:cleaning jewelry
I haven't used this myself yet, but i watched a friend clean a pewter necklace is your standard minty toothpaste and it was shining like new, so maybe you could give that a try?

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 1 week ago #17022 by Verminaard Draconis
Like Vivaris has said, Tothpaste is better for every kind of jewel, like gold silver so,it might help with pewter!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 1 week ago #17025 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:cleaning jewelry
commercial jewelry cleaners are basically sudsy ammonia, water, and a detergent. Get a small jar with a lid, and put about 1/2 ammonia, half water, and then a squirt or two of dishwashing liquid soap. Shake it up, and you have a great jewelry cleaner. Just don't use it on pears, opals, or porous jewelry, anything with wood, soft stones, or lapis, things like that. But for hard stones and metals, it is great.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds