Show Navigation Menu

ALCHEMY & METAL HAMMER COMPETITION!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #34809 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

My design loaded extremely quickly. I would've liked to have some sort of confirmation like a little thumbnail of the image just to be sure but I have to trust that all went well. :)
Upon re-reading the competition page, I'm thinking results/pendant won't be out until October since that is Metal Hammer's anniversary.

I have to say that the hardest part of this contest for me was the description of the idea. The inspiration for the pendant came so easily but to have to describe it was quite difficult since it just sort of sprang forth from my imagination. Luckily, I managed to find some symbolism connected with some design pieces I used and was able to write something.

It was the opposite for me, really. The easiest part was the description when I finally found an inspiration for the design. The hardest thing for me was to turn the idea into a design and draw it. :silly:

Oh, and I think they may announce the results also earlier becasue Alchemy launches their new range in September... so maybe they will make it for then. Who knows. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34810 by Envy
Can't say my description was any good. =S Awful actually!

But if they like the design, can always come up with something..

More
12 years 7 months ago #34812 by firensia
Envy wrote:

I feel the same way about mine. Mine seems a bit cliché, I think, but hopefully they take into account the design more so than description.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #34813 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I feel the same way about mine. Mine seems a bit cliché, I think, but hopefully they take into account the design more so than description.

Mine's not even cliché. There wasn't that much symbolism or backstory to my design. :S...

More
12 years 7 months ago #34881 by black_magnolia
Just now reading the \"news\" on Alchemy's blog (already re-posted it in a new thread) and re-reading the competition description makes me all to confident how I've missed the theme design-wise. :silly:

*Alchemy Metal-Wear*

I would really like to know how many guys have participated in the design competition in the first place... Just plain old curiosity... :whistle:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34882 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Just now reading the \"news\" on Alchemy's blog (already re-posted it in a new thread) and re-reading the competition description makes me all to confident how I've missed the theme design-wise. :silly:

*Alchemy Metal-Wear*

I would really like to know how many guys have participated in the design competition in the first place... Just plain old curiosity... :whistle:

XD Very good point..

Maybe I should've gone with my massive naked woman design. Haha!

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds