Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

the legend of zelda

More
13 years 7 months ago #25924 by King Pete
Replied by King Pete on topic Re:the legend of zelda
you probably could, but it would be awkward to get them appart cos nintendo put caps over the screws to prevent people modding or copying the games. if you could find someone who can remove them, it would be well worth doing I agree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25926 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:the legend of zelda
Could probably get something to damage the caps enough to the point they are practically removed, or indeed, something sharp enough to cut through the caps.

If you looked hard enough, undoubtedly you'd find someone able to do it.

Reminds me of when there was a bigger thing for pirated PS1 games around here...

More
13 years 6 months ago #25978 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:the legend of zelda
:pinch: Pretty confused by the talk about the original Ocarina cartridge..If that was what you were on about.

Uhh..From what I do understand of your conversation, I don't think I'd bother getting the original cartridge and console. The last time I laid eyes upon Ocarina being played on the old N64, I don't *think* the graphics were that great..

Would like more information about the Wii download shop though - How is it played when on the Wii? Is it just like playing on a normal console like a PS3 or Xbox or is it all..Wii-movement-ish?

Sorry if I explained poorly. I..Basically dislike most games on the Wii, because Wiis can be iffy regarding sensitivity/control etc.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25981 by Kuroboshi
I'll explain.

You know how on the Playstation 1 and 2 the data was saved onto memory cards?

With the gameboys and N64 and indeed, all cartridge based games with a save function, the data is stored within the cartridge. However, it relies upon an internal battery in order to function like that.

It's a problem that was extremely prevalent in Pokemon G/S/C because the batteries died easier (I believe) and needed to be replaced.

With the Wii, you'd need the Classic Controller to play, I'd assume so it's like a normal console, though I doubt they've made the graphics any better so it'd basically be a direct port.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26035 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:the legend of zelda
Kuroboshi wrote:

I'll explain.

You know how on the Playstation 1 and 2 the data was saved onto memory cards?

With the gameboys and N64 and indeed, all cartridge based games with a save function, the data is stored within the cartridge. However, it relies upon an internal battery in order to function like that.

It's a problem that was extremely prevalent in Pokemon G/S/C because the batteries died easier (I believe) and needed to be replaced.

With the Wii, you'd need the Classic Controller to play, I'd assume so it's like a normal console, though I doubt they've made the graphics any better so it'd basically be a direct port.

Ahh right. Now I understand the cartridge/battery part.

...Uh..'classic controller'? Like a PS3 controller specially made for the Wii? Or am I on the wrong tracks..

More
13 years 6 months ago #26044 by Kuroboshi
Pretty much.

You need it in order to place GC games on the Wii, that's why it was originally released. So it's based more on the GC controller, but has since found more use with the release of the games in the Wii store thing.

You'll also need a memory card, to my recollection.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds