Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Male vs Female Goths

More
14 years 4 months ago #11226 by ScorchingAngel
SkieShauphen wrote:

Yes, I think I've read three or four posts now about clothing sizes.
The thing is, I'm not so much into the steam punk and cyber fashions. In fact, I find that most cybers tend to be asses. I've stopped talking to them. It's the romantics that I associate with the most, at least the ones that aren't engrossed in fantasy. My base for an outfit is something classy with a top hat, eyeliner for a little edge, and sometimes a cane if I'm going somewhere more formal.

I do like steam punk, but I am not really a fan of the cyber fashions. I like the classic and romantic fashions of goth a lot better, although I do like my lolita bits (although due to clothing sizes that can;t be more than headdresses and gloves...).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11382 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Male and Female Goths
Then you should definitely check out some high end stores and look for good deals. Personally, I like men in tuxedos or other fancy attire suits. Really, nobody looks bad in a penguin suit!

I also have the clothing size problem to some extent. The sizes I fit into vary from USA womens 10 through 16 because so many different brands have such a wide variation in size. If I can't try it on and I can't get measurements I don't buy it. It's really irritating to be a large at one store then an xl at another, and positively hellish to become a 2xl someplace. I do find that I 'am larger' in goth clothes... ugh

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

More
14 years 4 months ago #11396 by black_magnolia
Katelyn wrote:

Then you should definitely check out some high end stores and look for good deals. Personally, I like men in tuxedos or other fancy attire suits. Really, nobody looks bad in a penguin suit!

I also have the clothing size problem to some extent. The sizes I fit into vary from USA womens 10 through 16 because so many different brands have such a wide variation in size. If I can't try it on and I can't get measurements I don't buy it. It's really irritating to be a large at one store then an xl at another, and positively hellish to become a 2xl someplace. I do find that I 'am larger' in goth clothes... ugh

Well, that's because a lot of brands deliberately put smaller size tags on their clothes because of the mental suggestion. You'll be happier to buy something that says you're a small then when it stands xxl, so you'll probably earlier go back to that brand of clothes then to an other.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11439 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Male and Female Goths
black_magnolia wrote:

Well, that's because a lot of brands deliberately put smaller size tags on their clothes because of the mental suggestion. You'll be happier to buy something that says you're a small then when it stands xxl, so you'll probably earlier go back to that brand of clothes then to an other.[/quote]

Strange, because I have noticed it the opposite way in at least one store here. I had a gift card to Hollister (of all places) and went to try on jeans. At most stores I take 6-8, and at some fancy places maybe 4. But at Hollister, even size 12 is too small for me. I guess I am not built like a stick figure, I have hips, but most other places I can fit their clothes fine. Strange, so don't be discouraged. Have you checked out the sizing on some goth clothing stores? Some sites have different sizing for almost every item of clothing! I was trying to buy a shirt on one site, but every different style had a different measurement!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11630 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Male and Female Goths
scootiebee wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Well, that's because a lot of brands deliberately put smaller size tags on their clothes because of the mental suggestion. You'll be happier to buy something that says you're a small then when it stands xxl, so you'll probably earlier go back to that brand of clothes then to an other.

Strange, because I have noticed it the opposite way in at least one store here. I had a gift card to Hollister (of all places) and went to try on jeans. At most stores I take 6-8, and at some fancy places maybe 4. But at Hollister, even size 12 is too small for me. I guess I am not built like a stick figure, I have hips, but most other places I can fit their clothes fine. Strange, so don't be discouraged. Have you checked out the sizing on some goth clothing stores? Some sites have different sizing for almost every item of clothing! I was trying to buy a shirt on one site, but every different style had a different measurement![/quote]

I think it is going both ways. Some brands cater to making fat people feel smaller (which is how I become a 10) while some brands cater to making clothes for inordinately small people (how I become a 16). Genuinely, I am 12 or 14 depending on what I call the bloat factor.

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

More
14 years 3 months ago #13207 by fastjam06
Replied by fastjam06 on topic Re:Male and Female Goths
Thanks these are awesome

Someday you'll understand what posesses me.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds