Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Reincarnation

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #9219 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Reincarnation
Oh, that reminds me of a rather funny analogy about ALL religions.

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by SkieShauphen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9241 by PermeliaOpus
Replied by PermeliaOpus on topic Re:Reincarnation
A cat. *mrow*
:)

"I'm not crazy, I just don't give a fuck!"

More
14 years 5 months ago #9251 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Reincarnation
SkieShauphen wrote:

Lolz, there is another analogy but it has to do with cauliflowers. I like the silly putty one better :P

I'm curious about the cauliflower analogy now. :(

More
14 years 5 months ago #9280 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Reincarnation
Lolz, well if you insist.

I'll try and put it as simply as possible, at least, with what parts I can remember.

Ok, think of the cosmos and everything we know and understand as the microcosm. That's what we'll call it. Then, think of everything that is holy, above our comprehension, and god-like as the macrocosm. The microcosm is inside of the macrocosm, or more or less, a part of it. A piece of the macrocosm. The macrocosm is EVERYTHING and the microcosm is part of it. An extremely tiny part, but a part no less. The best way to envision this is by looking at a cauliflower. The whole cauliflower is the macrocosm. On each branch there are little tiny buds that make up the cauliflower. Each little bud is a microcosm and it also looks EXACTLY like the whole cauliflower. It's like little tiny cauliflowers growing out of the big one. THEN, on each of those tiny cauliflower's there are yet again, even smaller cauliflowers. Each with their own branches and tinnier cauliflowers. It goes on and on. Basically, this is how we envision the universe and existence. We are the tiny little cauliflower-ette and our creator is the whole cauliflower. We are a part of it and it a part of us. That is the view of deity.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9292 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Reincarnation
I work with cauliflower everyday. Now I'm not going to be able to look at one without having deep, philosophical thoughts. I don't know if my brain is going to be able to handle this . . . :laugh:

More
14 years 5 months ago #9299 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Reincarnation
Hah! I love it!

I wonder if that analogy would possibly make children more respectful of the almighty cauliflower in the future... :P Only one way to find out.

*Searches for younger brother*

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds