Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Stars vs Moon

More
14 years 5 months ago #7954 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Stars vs Moon
Lolz, that sounded like a Godsmack reference

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8069 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Stars vs Moon
The Moon because it's the only thing you can see in big cities which have problems with smog and light pollution which therefore hinder you to see the stars.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8084 by SkieShauphen
Ok, I've been doing a little research to figure out a dilemma of mine. It's come to my attention that many people believe there is an increase in crime during the full moon. While many studies show that there is an increased rate of crime as well as brutality, it's still unrelated. The same studies have shown that during just as many full moons crime has been low, and high during other phases of the moon. The reasoning why people believe there to be increased brutality and crimes during the fullest phase is because of the psychological affect of remembering. Most people will remember a full moon verses a waxing or waning moon. When crime is high and it's a full moon, people will generally remember that rather than when a strange murder is committed and it's only a quarter full. Alas, another subject I looked into was an increase in animal ferocity during the full moon. This on the other hand turned out differently. As it goes, there are studies that prove that animals such as dogs, wolves, bears, and wild cats are more aggravated during the full moon phase. They become more potential to bite and attack. This is also true in the number of cases of animal attacks. The majority of animal attacks on humans actually is true. Documented and recorded.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8089 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Stars vs Moon
Well, you could also take in account that during the full moon you can see better at night then during a new moon or an other phase. So it could have some logic for more attacks because it's easier to see and therefore easier to successfully attack someone.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8113 by SkieShauphen
Right you are. That's actually one of the theories between werewolves and the moon. When some creature attacked a villager wherever, they usually wouldn't get a good look at their attacker unless it was during the full moon and if it turned out to be a wolf or a guy dressed up as a wolf or a small bear or something then people would say it was a werewolf just because they could see it and possibly get away since it was bright enough to see.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8114 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Stars vs Moon
I've always wondered about the corelation between the full moon and violence. I too have thought for a long time that it mostly had to do with increased visibility. Though a little part of me always hopes for a more mystical answer. Thanks for sharing this information!

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds