Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Astrology/Horoscopes

More
13 years 11 months ago #21236 by SkieShauphen
My Chinese sign is the Sheep/Ram/Goat but it doesn't sound too much like me. Some things are similar but others are way off.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21348 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Astrology/Horoscopes
In Western Astrology, I am a Taurus (stubborn, homebody, etc., pretty much fits). In Chinese Astrology, I am a Tiger. Rawr.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21364 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Astrology/Horoscopes
Morgana wrote:

Ive heard of it, but I don't know a whole lot about it either. I thought it was only a couple of days though? November 19 to 22, or something like that?

I also remember reading somewhere that it was \"banished\" by some Pope or other several hundred years ago, for being evil, since it was associated with both snakes and the number 13.

I remember now where I read this, and it was on a Alchemy calendar (surprise, surprise!) It's listed on the Calendar of the Arcane as November 20 to 24, and has the following note:

\"The sun enters the House of Ophiuchus, the lost sign of the zodiac; five days between Scorpio and Sagitarius known to the Greeks as Aesculepius, God of Medicine, grasping the adjacent constellation Serpens, the snake coiled about his body. Ophiuchus, the thirteenth sign, was abolished by St Augustine of Hippo in 600 for being un-Christian. An ancient Babylonian constellation, Nutsirda, (Prince of the Serpent, or Lord of the Underworld) may be identified with Ophiucus.\"

I also just re-hung my fabric flag of Light of Chaldea, which includes Ophiuchus in the zodiac. I didn't find the flag in the product listing on this site, but Light of Chaldea is mentioned in the encyclopedia section, at this link:

www.alchemygothic.com/component/content/...a.html?directory=135

More
13 years 9 months ago #23515 by black_magnolia
hmmm... I wasn't sure where to post this, but my Capricorn AG pendant that I recently purchased is stamped with my year of birth. :silly: I know it's just a coincidence, but it makes the pendant just a bit more special. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23521 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Astrology/Horoscopes
black_magnolia wrote:

hmmm... I wasn't sure where to post this, but my Capricorn AG pendant that I recently purchased is stamped with my year of birth. :silly: I know it's just a coincidence, but it makes the pendant just a bit more special. :)

Wow, what a lovely coincidence! I wonder if they're all stamped with the year that they were produced...

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23539 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Wow, what a lovely coincidence! I wonder if they're all stamped with the year that they were produced...

They should be, I never came across an AG item that wasn't stamped. My Morticia necklace has even two different years stamped :silly: The main/web-like part is stamped 2006 while the two purple crystals that hang on the web are stamped 2003! lol

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds