Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

\"Gothic Charm School\"

More
14 years 4 months ago #11789 by millkins
@Katelyn Don't let those girls discourage you I have none true goth friends, all my goth acquaintances act as though I have fallen from a tree (same I am more goth than you treatment), and frankly I don't give a @#@#. I am happy for all those friends I have :) But I am curious, if that book has something on the topic. :lol:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11849 by raidohaglaz
Agreed. You won't find that in a book about goths, anyway. More likely you'll find it in something about stuck up people. And why be desparate about having goth friends? It's really more important to just have friends. If you want your friends to accept you like you are, accept your friends as they are too. Don't look at what they dress like or listen to, accept them for who they are. And if a new friend happens to be goth, it's a bonus. Don't put it out as a prerequisite. :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #11885 by scootiebee
I don't really have any friends who are goth. I have a lot of friends who think I am fabulous for dressing the way I do, because they don't look at my clothes and then the kind of person I am, they do it the right way. All of my \"friends\" at this point don't care if I go around in a gunny sack. They like ME, not some persona I am trying to project to the world. THOSE are the best kind of friends to have. I have a few \"acquaintances\" who would probably be considered goth, but most of my friends are \"normals\", including my husband. He is awesome in his way, and wears a lot of black, and is pale as the dead, but I wouldn't call him goth.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11959 by SkieShauphen
I've never been able to befriend 'normals' there just isn't enough similarity there to coexist for me. Most of my friends (the good ones) are just freaks or weirdos. I can't say I honestly have one real friend with a 'goth card'. I'm working on it because it would be nice to have friends who enjoy the same music for once.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11992 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Very Interesting
SkieShauphen wrote:

I've never been able to befriend 'normals' there just isn't enough similarity there to coexist for me. Most of my friends (the good ones) are just freaks or weirdos. I can't say I honestly have one real friend with a 'goth card'. I'm working on it because it would be nice to have friends who enjoy the same music for once.

Just wait, when you are older, maybe have a family, you will try to make friends with your kids' parents. You want the kid to be happy, so you make nice with the parents of the kids your kid likes. Luckily, my kid seems to have good taste in friends. We definitely don't have the same taste in music for the most part, but I have found that isn't the most important criteria for choosing friends. I know people who I can share my taste in music with (including my husband for the most part), but people can be friend for other reasons than that. Like the common goal of our kids' happiness.

I have a lot of friends that I have had for years, but they are also a pretty odd collection of weirdos. Not necessarily goth, but a hodgepodge of people with different backgrounds who all found we get along great, have a lot of fun together, regardless of what we are doing. That's a good thing. We don't all have to dress alike, or like the same music, or have similar lives. We all care about each other, and when we are together, we have a great time, even if it is just hanging out talking.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12061 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Very Interesting
scootiebee wrote:

SkieShauphen wrote:

Just wait, when you are older, maybe have a family, you will try to make friends with your kids' parents. You want the kid to be happy, so you make nice with the parents of the kids your kid likes. Luckily, my kid seems to have good taste in friends. We definitely don't have the same taste in music for the most part, but I have found that isn't the most important criteria for choosing friends. I know people who I can share my taste in music with (including my husband for the most part), but people can be friend for other reasons than that. Like the common goal of our kids' happiness.

I have a lot of friends that I have had for years, but they are also a pretty odd collection of weirdos. Not necessarily goth, but a hodgepodge of people with different backgrounds who all found we get along great, have a lot of fun together, regardless of what we are doing. That's a good thing. We don't all have to dress alike, or like the same music, or have similar lives. We all care about each other, and when we are together, we have a great time, even if it is just hanging out talking.

Thus is the same with my friends. A rabble of strange people not necissarily similar, but for some reason get along great with each other.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds