All things Gothic.

gargoyles

More
14 years 7 months ago #3219 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:gargoyles
Aftermidnight wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Aftermidnight wrote:

It is true that actual gargoyles do have to spout water as they were connected to the guttering on buildings.
In year 9 when I would have been... 14 or 15... we made gargoyles out of clay, except going by Morgana's good point above they would actually have been grotesques. Im not good at art but nonetheless I made Gormy, my gargoyle below. Named after Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake. I think he's too sweet to be a grotesque though...

He is very adorable, especially for a gargoyle/grotesque. Hope you still have him!

And thanks for backing me up on that point... I was pretty sure I hadn't made it up.

Thank you, Gormy will love you forever now. Of course I still have him! He sits on my bookcase and guards my books. And possibly eats small animals at night on his nocturnal adventures.

Aww, tell him thanks from me! It's nice to have a guardian in your room...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3291 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:gargoyles
It is great, and obviously CorpseQueen's gargoyle is equally efficient at guardian duties. Could you post a picture of Demon CorpseQueen, (s)he sounds really cool.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9050 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Gargoyles
Bonsoir sisters & brothers members of The Order Of Algoth,

Do you like the gargoyles?

What do you think of this art form?

Are you interrested by it?

Do you think they wake up at night and have a supernatural life?

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9051 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Gargoyles
I absolutely adore gargoyles. If I had the money I'd love to get a few professionally made by certain favorite artists. I don't know about the whole 'wake up at night thing' but I do believe that they protect building from evil.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9075 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gargoyles
I love gargoyles. :P Particularly the chimera-like designs from C19th onwards.

They remind me of the many stone lions you get in China - Which also protect buildings, although there are a few rules with stone lions, e.g. always being made in pairs with a male and female.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9079 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Gargoyles
I love gargoyles and, quite frankly, any sort of stone critter. I do believe that any stone image at least has the potential to awaken when no one is looking. It really depends if there is a spirit around that wishes to inhabit it's form. That's why I always keep a stone mouse on my altar. :)

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds