Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

mirrors

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19346 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:mirrors
I have a habit of seeing things out of the corner of my eye when I'm near a mirror...gets quite unnerving at times.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19358 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:mirrors
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I have a habit of seeing things out of the corner of my eye when I'm near a mirror...gets quite unnerving at times.

Argh I'm the same. I refuse to look at mirrors at night, just because I know I'm tired and I guess I don't want to scare myself into thinking there's someone behind me etc.

My house supposedly has a 'ghost' or some kind of being around, seeing as the previous owner died here and we often get patches of cig-smoke in the living room (none of us smoke, nor do our neighbours) and I often get random chills brushing against me or we find chilly patches in the middle of the room.

I don't believe in ghosts, but I do find the smoke-patches and cold-patches a tad odd.

A friend of mine has a whole mirrored wall on her staircase and it scares the hell out of me when I'm walking past. She grew up with it there, so she's used to seeing mirrors everywhere. I just hate movement when I don't expect it.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19361 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:mirrors
Envy wrote:

A friend of mine has a whole mirrored wall on her staircase and it scares the hell out of me when I'm walking past. She grew up with it there, so she's used to seeing mirrors everywhere. I just hate movement when I don't expect it.

I also couldn't live in such a house. I only like mirrors when I have to see myself to apply make-up or just check that I'm presentable. I hate when there are tons of mirrors around and I just try to avoid them in general.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19367 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:mirrors
I hate it when the power is off after dark, and I have to take a candle into the bathroom. I'm always scared to look in the mirror then, in case there's something looking back at me.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19378 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:mirrors
Morgana wrote:

I hate it when the power is off after dark, and I have to take a candle into the bathroom. I'm always scared to look in the mirror then, in case there's something looking back at me.

I have the same fear. I don't believe in ghosts and the like, but still. I guess I do get a little spooked by stories like that. A friend of mine had her grandfather die, and the day after he died, her mother was applying make-up to her face in her bedroom - She looked in the mirror and screamed, because she saw her father sitting on her bed in the mirror.

They moved house after that.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19386 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:mirrors
When I was really little, one whole wall of our dining room was mirror. I used to like to make faces in it, and also move the table and chairs away and pretend it was a dance studio. My mom didn't like that much, wearing tap shoes on the wood floor and playing dance studio!

I don't have a lot of mirrors. I don't like having them around. Just the ones in the bathrooms. But our guest room closet doors are mirrors. The same doors used to be in my daughter's room, but I took them out. I didn't like the idea of giant sliding panes of glass in the room of a 5-year-old with hyperkinetic tendencies.

And I see things out of the corner of my eye even without mirrors.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds