Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Witch

More
14 years 7 months ago #2824 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Witch
Very good points both demonica and trykster!

In the end, though it may be hard for many to ignore the chatterings of those around them, it is all about how you feel. People will always have their own idea of what a witch (or any other commonly stereotyped person) will look like. You cannot control what others believe. You can only control whether or not you are a good and healthy example of any given sect. At the end of the day, that's all that's important.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2843 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Witch
Cemwerewolf-
Apparently I am a witch, but it is weird that I never thought of myself as one. I grew up on an indian reservation and I memorized all sorts of rituals. I have smudged and done blessing before, but I never ever thought that would be considered that when it has been around since the Indians inhabited this country as their own. I guess in their paganistic ways, but I rather think I am just a person that has special abilities. I have had the witch word and others tosse my way, but I think those people are jealous that I can be who I am without being ashamed or afraid of what people might think when I don't care what they think.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2845 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Witch
anastasia13 wrote:

Cemwerewolf-
Apparently I am a witch, but it is weird that I never thought of myself as one. I grew up on an indian reservation and I memorized all sorts of rituals. I have smudged and done blessing before, but I never ever thought that would be considered that when it has been around since the Indians inhabited this country as their own. I guess in their paganistic ways, but I rather think I am just a person that has special abilities. I have had the witch word and others tosse my way, but I think those people are jealous that I can be who I am without being ashamed or afraid of what people might think when I don't care what they think.

Nicely put its nothing to be ashamed of.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2865 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Witch
Shamanism and mysticsm alike are marked by christianity not just as paganism, but as heresy. The final product of the Church is basically evil. Dominant and violent. And looking at the world even now, I figure that they won. Acceptance is born out of understanding. Which is not a trait of such a religion. \"Question not the ways of God.\" \"God has a plan.\" \"God works in mysterious ways.\" And with a \"live by the cross or die by the sword\" politics enforced for ages, the general population soon accepted, the often irrational rules of the church. Now they didn't conquer just so that everyone could feel the grace of god almighty. They did it because they were conquerers. With a sense of submisivness, fear and superstition, people were left to accept the flock mentality. Do what I say and you'll be showered by the love of god and son inc.(The Lord is my shepard. Wait. What am I then?) As years progressed such wrong teachings were soaked by population and been presented as morals. Hate what we hate, because they are the enemy. They are the servants of satan. I bet that if satan was an actual being he would be like: \"Oh, crap, don't tell me I have more heretics to take care of. Really, Gramps, just because they eat weird herbs and talk to generic spirits doesn't mean they need to be in hell. But you know what? Send me some inquisitors. I'd be glad to take care of them.\"
But I'm digressing to far from the subject. Point is that some one made up wrong and right. They felt it. Intergrated it. Sadly that person was quite probably insane.
Not believing in the christian god is not a sin. Believing in something other than christianity is not a sin. But people will always point fingers and insult. That is not a problem of christianity. That is a problem of good old human attitude. Those who you can't ignore, defeat. Such was the way of all major religions, and apparently it worked. The only thing one must accomplish is to be brave and dedicated to the cause. Whatever the cause might be.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2879 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Witch
All in all, I don't believe people are perfect. Not´only because of our history, I just don't believe that's our nature. Most may think that the nature lives in peace and harmony, but how can that be true? Little birds push their siblings out of the nest because they look weird or take all the food. Not sure about the numbers, but about 50%, or more, of the giraffe males prefer their own sex.

No matter what the religion did, I don't believe it would be much different. Sure, maybe we'd think it ok to kill people who deserves it (or because we felt like it) but what else normal today would then be forbidden? To rule a country, to rule any humans, you have to descide something that's right and something that's wrong. How else to controll you humans? And humans need their groups, they need their own species, so they'll gladly stand in line if nothing else is offered.

Sometimes I do wonder what the world would look like if we'd evolved from a species who weren't in need of a group... like snakes. How would the world turn out then?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #2915 by TheAlcherealist
Replied by TheAlcherealist on topic Re:Witch
I call myself a witch, more specific a Hedgewitch (info on google if you need it).

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds