Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Witch

More
14 years 7 months ago #2701 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Witch
But couldn't the media's portrayal of witches be used to a persons advantage. A person who happens to be a witch could fly under societies radar if they don't want to advertise their beliefs. No one can really tell a real witch when they see one. The one thing the media seems to do exceptionally well is to breed ignorance and blindness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2740 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Witch
You just earned yourself a beer my friend. Perfectly put.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2777 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Witch
Cheers!:laugh:

More
14 years 7 months ago #2783 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Witch
Everyone has a certain type of power, maybe witch like, but truly has skills they do not know they have. Maybe powers of persuasion, change apperance so well that you do not recognize them, and being able to allure people to themselves without even trying. I see these skills in myself and others, but maybe you just have to reflect in ward and find what you do best and thats your witch quality.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2814 by demonica66613
Replied by demonica66613 on topic Re:Witch
I agree to an extent about flying under the radar. Many people in many religions have been persecuted for their beleifs. (If I lived in a place where that was occuring I probably wouldn't be so open about it.) I agree, people can't just look at someone and know they are a Witch. But, in saying that, you are stating pretty much the obvious about most religions. No one can tell your true religious beliefs unless you feel fit to share them, no matter who or what you believe in. People may see someone who dresses in all black with the black nails and etc. and think they are a Witch, Wiccan or Satan Worshipper, but for all we know they could go to church every Sunday. You could see someone in a suit on a bike and think maybe they are Jehovah's Witnesses, or they could be some one who is emvironmentally conscience and on their way to work. It all boils down to perspective or stereotyping. I'm pretty sure most of us have encountered an experience or met someone where appearances were deceiving.
It's not like I would just walk up to someone and say, \"Hi, I'm a witch. What do God and/or Goddess do you believe in??\" I'm just saying that one should stand firm for what they beleive, and if the topic is brought up I would not hide behind the stereotypes, I would prove them false.:) :)
Knowledge is power and judging someone based on appearance is not very smart.(PERSONAL OPINION)

More
14 years 7 months ago #2815 by trykster
Replied by trykster on topic Re:Witch
well put, Demonica. remember, of all the senses, it is the eyes that are the most decieving.

i think the whole idea of witchcraft and magic is a cocktail of beliefs, perspectives, and STEREOTYPES. i mean most people hear WITCH and immediately think of brooms, magic, black, curses and an evil laugh, because that's what circulates, that's what they seeeee. i've met a self-claiming witch. she's the most ordinary looking woman you will ever meet. a teacher in school, if it weren't for her immense knowledge of astrology and the fareastern occult, i would never have guessed she was a witch. she just told me she would be happy to explain certain things. she told me that magic has its own beauties, that it is not something good or bad, merely a tool that can be used. it is neutral.
i bet that if a modern doctor went back in time, he would have his head on a spike for what the church would believe he were. Maleus Maleficarum, people. that is the key to why people either fear, stay away, or just stereotilize (bleh!) about witches. look it up.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds