Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Witch

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #2645 by Wolfgirl90
Replied by Wolfgirl90 on topic Re:Witch
Polaristhe2 wrote:

For all I know hollywood made only the wicked witch of the west and the blair witch project. There aren't that many evil hollywood witches as there are vampires. There are shows which place witches as protagonists, such as that willow character from buffy and those three or four witches from that show where they are sisters or friends or what not. Apparently those shows were irrelevant to me enough for me to forget what they're called.

Well, just FYI, Hollywood has made a number of Witch movies:

List of Witch movies that come to mind (other than the Blair Witch Project):

The Craft
The Witches of Eastwick
I've Been Waiting For You
Witches of the Caribbean (yes, this is really the title of this movie)
Witches' Hammer
Witchcraft
Witchcraft 2
Practical Magic
Hocus Pocus
I Married a Witch
Little Witches
Teen Witch
The Witch
The Witches
The Witches (the 1960's version)
The Haunting of Morella

And those are just the ones that came to mind.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Wolfgirl90.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2648 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Witch
Yes, but not all of them mark witches as \"soldiers of satan\". I remember the flick named Warlock in which the antagonist is a (you guessed it) warlock.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2649 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Witch
laskin wrote:

It would be nice if for once someone would depict witches in the correct manner because it is rather annoying. It may make good TV but it is degrating to a large group of people.

Yes, this. I am not a witch myself, but I find the (usual \"showbiz\") depictions to be highly inaccurate. But I guess it wouldn't get people's attention if they showed witches who are: grandmotherly ladies with an interest in medieval folk tales and history from a feminist perspective, hippie mothers who have babies in handmade tie-dye clothes & well-tended herb gardens, or even \"goth\" looking teenagers who don't worship (the, a) devil but highly revere nature. These are descriptions of witches I know...not evil or scary at all.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2651 by Wolfgirl90
Replied by Wolfgirl90 on topic Re:Witch
Polaristhe2 wrote:

Yes, but not all of them mark witches as \"soldiers of satan\". I remember the flick named Warlock in which the antagonist is a (you guessed it) warlock.

I didn't say that all those movies had evil Witches in them. I just said that that they were movies about Witches.

Though (just random talking), I was disappointed about how The Craft turned out. Wasn't as bad as I thought but...could have been better.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2655 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Witch
In my altroistic world filtering perspective I see witches as allies. Traders and healers. Useful sort if you don't owe them anything.

:D

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2656 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Witch
:lol: :lol: i don't think it's wise to owe anyone anything not only to witches....
but i agree...the first thing a person thinks of when hearing the word \"witch\", is something out of a horror movie : black hooded women sitting within a pentagram in a darken room lit only by candles , sacrificing animals or children or anything...oh , and invoking malevolent beings .....
sad , really ....but this is the image the media promoted with such success that it seems quite impossible to shake it off....

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds