Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

2012 - end of the world?

More
14 years 3 months ago #14441 by CorpseQueen
What if the movie 2012 was never made... then we've never knew we'd die. What a chock...

One thing I've been thinking about is that those future-movies just get closer and closer to real time... The Island was in 2020 or so, and then 2012... wonder what happens when real time and movie-time meet? What if we pass each other? \"The new sci-fi-future movie '1987' will be relized in 2050\"... :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14453 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:2012 - end of the world?
I think the Nicholas Cage movie was likely just the first of many, made specifially to capitalize on the hype. I had heard of the Mayan prophecy long before that movie came out. But now that it's getting closer, the hysteria will begin in full force.

It's the same as what happened in the late 90s with the Y2K thing. It was known pretty much since computers were invented that the switch to the year 2000 could cause problems. You didn't hear anything about it though, until it was closer to actually happening, and that's when people started to panic.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14484 by nikki369
when it ends it ends there is no way to know when it will end so I dont worry. Everything will work its self out :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #14867 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:2012 - end of the world?
NIFER wrote:

I think that all the bustle around 2012 - is just a marketing ploy! I think in 2012 will trade air-raid shelters, arks. The most cunning people will capitalize on this huge money! ;)
если по-русски, то 2012 это тупой развод на бабки! :P

I feel the same as just with Y2K, we now have Global Warming and other worthless media driven BS...if this type of thing does ever happen I will greatly enjoy a severe reduction of the world population...thank you that is all....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 3 months ago #14889 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:2012 - end of the world?
it will be EXACTLY like Y2K come the year 2012 and every1 is on the verge of a mental breakdown, having bought supplies/bombshelters/big old boats the date of 'worlds end' will come....and then go and nothing would have happened -.-

and everyone with breathe a sigh of relieve...then curse the media/scientist/government or whatever cos they are stone broke from buying 'stoopid' stuff...Me? ill laugh cos i kept what little money i have...hmm maybe ill cash in...

*goes starts a business selling cans of unperishable food for extortionate prices :P *

More
14 years 2 months ago #16746 by Verminaard Draconis
First I read that the real date is October 28th 2011 but because of the miscalculations they have said that is in 2012 instead of 2011. But I also read that after that date young childrens will be conected with mother nature and they will be called indigo childrens. I have a lot of reading to do because they are talking about the renewing of our lives! And yes probably it would be the end for some people but not all. For instance in England Merddin (Merlin) have said that a nuclear work shop will blowup. That's why I ask you to keep yourself informed for your own safety!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds