Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

hard to be

More
14 years 4 months ago #12171 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:hard to be
You should always try to enjoy yourself (except when paying bills, because that is humanly impossible). But horrid things aside, I try to have as much fun as possible, even if that just means making faces at myself in the mirror. I take more pictures than I will ever have time to look at again. And I still don't think it is enough.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12208 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:hard to be
SkieShauphen wrote:

Gosh, that's the biggest fear of my life. Living in America (the supposed land of the free) I don't see any reason why I should waste my life working a dead end job getting nowhere just to make ends meet. It's B.S. and I don't see why I shouldn't have fun every step of my life until the day I lay six feet under.

That reminds me of a play..\"Death of a Salesman\" by Tennessee Williams? I think.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12229 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:hard to be
I thought it was by Arthur Miller...
It sounds like a good book. I didn't read it, but we talked about it back in English class. What I remember was that the main character is searching for the true greatness in life but his obcession only end him in tradgedy.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12237 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic Re:hard to be
i have to think but most of my higschool pictures are up on facebook...O_O sure my friends and i had fun, the intire school called us the night bragade... cheesey i know, but what ever flaots their boats.... it sad to think that i won't see my friends until the day they graduate in june... that seem so far away.... but i miss my loud sheriky best firend, who i wont get to see gradute.... hmmm memories.... anyway, yes we are all unique, we should never change who we are, if infact we know who we are.....
Godspeed
love always,
Marked :kiss:

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #12261 by Keseluk
Replied by Keseluk on topic Re:hard to be
Haaa... from being accepted as a Goth to cameras... topic sure changed a bit eh? I for one like cameras, was wearing Cybergoth clothing in the city and 2 chick tourists wanted to take their picture with me ;) plus I do a bit of modelling, pretty nasty stuff it was on Halloween, covered in fake blood, dressed as a surgeon posed to kill this christian school-girl with a machete, got some nice pics out of it on facebook now :laugh: funny part was after the shoot and going out to get some pizza, you guessed it, I was still covered in the fake blood that didn't wash off because the abandoned school photo set didn't have running water.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Keseluk.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12270 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:hard to be
SkieShauphen wrote:

I thought it was by Arthur Miller...
It sounds like a good book. I didn't read it, but we talked about it back in English class. What I remember was that the main character is searching for the true greatness in life but his obcession only end him in tradgedy.

Might've been Arthur Miller. :P I've been studying Tennessee Williams' plays lately so I've probably got them confused.

I seem to remember it was about a man who searched for a life based on the 'American Dream', but he ultimately failed, but I could be mistaking it for another play. :laugh: We're looking at quite a lot of tragic plays (currently 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' and 'A Streetcar Named Desire'). Williams himself had pretty severe depression, I think..

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds