Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

hard to be

More
14 years 4 months ago #11578 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:hard to be
Where did/do you live? I grew up in rural Cape Breton, so I know all about being the \"weird one\" at school. As for getting people to accept you... I've given up on that part. And at 36, I don't much care anymore. If people like me as is, that's great. If not, that's fine too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11600 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:hard to be
I live in Belgium, in the country and people always seem surprised to see me! Yet for all this time they should be used

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11608 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:hard to be
I live in Belgium too but in \"the capital\" Bruxelles and the people see me almost normaly...

More
14 years 4 months ago #11676 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:hard to be
I spent far too much time in highschool worrying about what other people thought of me. If I hadn't, I would have embraced my dark side a lot earlier in life. I find that the reaction to my garb is rather varied though. I live in a fair sized city so goths aren't that uncommon. Some people act as though they are afraid of me, children are delighted by my attire, there's even a few elderly ladies who have commented on how they love my wardrobe. But, for the most part I don't get much of a reaction. I don't really care either way though. Let people think whatever they wish so long as I'm happy with myself . . .

More
14 years 4 months ago #11703 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:hard to be
Uh..I haven't ever been accepted really. As for 'coping'..You just learn to accept the crap people give you, whilst once in a while being pushed over the top and biting back on the rare occasion. City-life means that the 'gothic scene' isn't large. It's all 'gangsters' around here.

I've just come to terms with the fact the people around me as it stands will never accept me, because they were people that I went to primary school and high school with. The same group of people who have never accepted me - I'll wait it out until University and then I'll try to find those of a similar mindset.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11734 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:hard to be
My problem back in school and still is today; I'm too acceptable. Far too many people enjoy spending time with me and I can never get the courage to say no to someone who bores me or disgusts me.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds