Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

hard to be

More
14 years 8 months ago #3267 by Thurysaz
Bonjour sister Anastasia13,

You're right! What counts is not the label or the eyes of others, but is feel good in our skins!

$ 2,000 for a suit of armor is not great you know ... At home in Belgium, Maitre Jean, one of the last manufacturers of real medieval armor in manufacturing for 7000 euros ...

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3300 by anastasia13
Merci Brother Thurysaz, I know \"real\" armor and that of history suits of armor go for great amounts of money. Most of the time in Texas we do not see people buying armor like that. Usually its conscripted and 20,000 dollars or something.

I wish we could go back to the times when men would fight over womens virtues with swords. Instead of guns and bar brawls....

You speak french in Belgium? I was curious.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3303 by Thurysaz
Dear sister Anastasia13,

yes, we speak French in Belgium.

In fact Belgium is divided into 4\"régions\". 3 main areas are:

The Wallonie, it’s French spoken.
The Vlanderen, they speak Flemish.
The Brussels region, where we speak French and Flemish.

But there is also the smallest:

The cantons de l’est, where they speak French and German.

I live in Wallonie and I speak French but also a little bit english and Flemish.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11520 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic hard to be
I used live in rural atlantic canada... and it's some times very hard to find people who truly accept me, resently moved to a city, still in atlantic canada, and i find it still hard to find people who accept me, My question is has any one had simialer problems? and if so how did you cope withit?
Godspeed
Always,
Marked :kiss:
P.S. My firends used to call me the farmer goth, seeing as I used to live close to farms, which was of course close to the graveyard... :S

More
14 years 4 months ago #11529 by raidohaglaz
Replied by raidohaglaz on topic Re: hard to be
Over here, the mindset of people doesn't differ much between people from small towns and those from cities. People from towns tend to be quicker to make remarks, or be prejudiced, but just about all view the way goths dress negatively. You can't really blame them, since lots of black clothing, provocative shirts and 'strange' jewellery isn't really something you would wear to seem friendly, but still, it isn't like a goth is aiming to be scary. Thing is that people just are prejudiced as a rule, even I am and you probably are too.
Say someone who is part of the hiphop subculture stands on a street corner at night, wearing wide trousers, a hooded sweater with the hood drawn over his head and is talking with his friends about robbing someone and killing their relatives. Most people (including me) would get scared or at least worried, but he could just as well be discussing the latest 50 Cent album in detail. Still, the clothes, the talk and the gestures make him seem violent and criminal, just because partially the subculture is aimed at it and secondly, because we tend to associate it with that kind of behaviour. On the other hand, black clothes and reverse pentagrams (just to give an example), will have any lay person thinking you are a deranged Satanist looking for his or her next sacrificial virgin, in stead of out and about to buy the latest Darkthrone record, and having an icecream sundae with your girlfriend in the afternoon.

The way I 'cope'? Ignore it, try to convince people you aren't as violent and deranged as they might think you are and generally get on with things, really. We're different, not being accepted because of the way we look is just part of the deal, really.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11576 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic Re:hard to be
living in the community i used ot .. i was litteraly the odd one out.. everyone else was farmers and animal lovers... i'm not.... i spent my time in the graveyard... the only animals i got close to were a jersy cow..( don't ask) and my crows and ravens, and a single wolf....
it's hard to ignore something you can't get away from... that's why i moved... i hope things will slowly change here
Godspeed and thanks for the advice
Alway,
Marked :kiss:

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds