Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothing through the seasons

More
15 years 21 hours ago #443 by janelle hell
3 words: umbrella and sunscreen!

I don't wear all black all the time (no, I mix it up with whatever color my hair happens to be dyed at the time; right now it's blue & green), but I don't really change what I wear according to season. (Except, no black leather jacket with various metal &%$#@*^%#@ all over it during the summer, and no 1920s-1940s lacy slips as outerwear in the winter).

I also find that swimming pools are my friend, provided that I have a bucket o' sunscreen to cover myself in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #490 by nocturnal-pet
If you have to wear blacks then look up the material, and stay away from artificial fabrics.
I have also seen many beautiful goth ladies in white flowing dresses.. all though it is not a look everyone can pull off without looking like a ghost, I prob couldn't with my blond hair..
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by nocturnal-pet.

More
14 years 11 months ago #493 by janelle hell
Yes, this. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to find nice clothes in cotton or silk. I'm lucky, if I can't find something I like, I can just sew it myself.

More
14 years 11 months ago #496 by cemwerewolf
You're very lucky indeed. I come from a long line of seamstresses and, wouldn't you know it, somehow I missed out on that gene.

More
14 years 11 months ago #500 by JesterGrafix
I do not consider my myself full goth, but slightly dark I guess. I usually wear Tripp jeans and when its real hot I wear Tripp shorts. 99% of my shirts are either black or dark grey. Having a mohawk helps because there is not so much hair to heat up my head haha.

More
14 years 11 months ago #505 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Goths in summer time...
I try to keep my waist-length hair up off of my neck as much as possible... easier said than done sometimes though! Clips are useful, when I can find ones that will actually hold my hair. What I usually do is various styles of braids... keeps it out of my face (esp. good when I'm driving), off of my neck and looks a bit medieval.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds