Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Runes.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18433 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Runes.
Thurysaz wrote:

I do not agree with the use of varnish. Because it asphyxiation wood and cut off of the universe.
For the care and protection of wood I recommend natural wax.

@ iHauntTheSepulchre:

To do your Runes the first important thing is:
They must all have the same shape and same size.

I've done mine in the \"Antler Of A Stag\" because the deer is an animal \"psychopomp\" (it helps to navigate the worlds) and that, plus it's nice and solid.

In writing them, I had in mind their significance because before I read the made-up book containing their meaning. I read and soaked up the \"spirit of the Rune\" before each \"realization\".

When they were finished I have made all the Gods and Goddesses and the forces of nature before dyeing them with my own blood.

As a book on Runes I recommend greatly from that book is THE reference in this matter: Freya Aswynn.
The leaves of Yggdrasil. Llewellyn Publications, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1990.

Mes hommages.

T.

P.S.: Et pour toi mon frère, il existe aussi en français.

Les feuilles d'Yggdrasyl.
Claire vigne Editrice, 14-16, rue du faubourg Saint Honnoré - 75008 Paris.

Your right! Sorry, but first it must be from a branche that did not touch the ground, if it touch the ground you must put varnish, wax is for the ones who did not touch the ground, to keep the natural magic in it!!

Your's truly brother!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18450 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Runes.
@Thurysaz: Yes, all my runes are about the same size and shape...my carving is something to be desired so they're not exact...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18463 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Runes.
I dont know the runes but i know (from My Love) it is very powerfull.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18598 by DrgN
Replied by DrgN on topic Re:Runes.
Elaborate?

What exactly do you do with them? is it like \"throwing dice\" or is it more like \"pick a card any card\" kinda thing.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18623 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Runes.
Well it differs on what method you use. I personally have my runes in a bag, I stir them with my hand a little then tip out seven runes, noting carefully what order they fell out and how they landed. I then group them in twos (the last one stays on its own) according to which ones feel out first. I then conduct my reading based off that.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18663 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Runes.
Well, I've only read that the runes to be used for a male are best made from an oak tree. And when I mentioned 'carve' I did mean burning. Much easier too as well as giving the darker look for the rune symbols. I'll have plenty of time to work on them once I get back from my trip. Thank you for the advice.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds