14 years 2 weeks ago #18313 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Runes.
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

That's really cool Thurysaz.

Bonjour sister iHauntTheSepulchre,

Thank you.

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18331 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Runes.
Does anyone know a good way to make your own? I want to make mine from an old oak tree. I'll carve them but the only problem I think I'll have is making the wood retain is glory. I don't want it to decay and deteriorate over time. Any wood workers in here? Gimme' some advice please?

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18339 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Runes.
SkieShauphen wrote:

Does anyone know a good way to make your own? I want to make mine from an old oak tree. I'll carve them but the only problem I think I'll have is making the wood retain is glory. I don't want it to decay and deteriorate over time. Any wood workers in here? Gimme' some advice please?

First of all, the runes have each other their own tree. So it is good for you to find each tree for each one of them. Then after you have wood burned them (And not carved) you sand papaer them with a 300 at the beginning and 400 at the end. You put a primer on it, twice, and you sand paper with the 400 between each primer and after they dry! aA good 48 hour of drying! Then you put a pearled varnish to finish the job and you let them dry for another 48 hour!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18372 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Runes.
May I ask, what are the different types of trees?

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18375 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Runes.
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

May I ask, what are the different types of trees?

Ill check that out in my grimoires and I'll tell you!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18378 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Runes.
I do not agree with the use of varnish. Because it asphyxiation wood and cut off of the universe.
For the care and protection of wood I recommend natural wax.

@ iHauntTheSepulchre:

To do your Runes the first important thing is:
They must all have the same shape and same size.

I've done mine in the \"Antler Of A Stag\" because the deer is an animal \"psychopomp\" (it helps to navigate the worlds) and that, plus it's nice and solid.

In writing them, I had in mind their significance because before I read the made-up book containing their meaning. I read and soaked up the \"spirit of the Rune\" before each \"realization\".

When they were finished I have made all the Gods and Goddesses and the forces of nature before dyeing them with my own blood.

As a book on Runes I recommend greatly from that book is THE reference in this matter: Freya Aswynn.
The leaves of Yggdrasil. Llewellyn Publications, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1990.

Mes hommages.

T.

P.S.: Et pour toi mon frère, il existe aussi en français.

Les feuilles d'Yggdrasyl.
Claire vigne Editrice, 14-16, rue du faubourg Saint Honnoré - 75008 Paris.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds