Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite Christmas Movie.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10552 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Favourite Christmas Movie.
Morgana wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

I forget where people live, but if you are in the U.S. (or somewhere else they have Target stores), they have the DVDs of all the Monty Python movies for less than $10 each. I think they even sell a box set for less than $20.

I have seen them in stores here, for around $25 or so each (not sure if we have Target in Canada or not... I've never noticed it, anyway). I know my husband has started Christmas shopping, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Bah..No chance of that in the UK. :woohoo: Let's hope I find a deal on eBay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10567 by Zilknitha
Without a doubt the Muppets Christmas Carol :-). Mind you the muppets are great whatever they do.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10583 by Morgana
The Grinch was on TV last night, and so was Merry Christmas Mr. Bean... another of my favourites. Mickey's Christmas Carol is on tonight, and I've been watching the listings for the Muppets Christmas Carol. Christmas is definitely getting close now!

More
14 years 4 months ago #10591 by CorpseQueen
Mr Bean is really fun, love the new years-thing (tho I do like most things I've seen by him).

And isn't there any stores in the UK or USA where you can get second-hand movies? I bought one in Edinburg at least... and they're way much cheaper then new things, and have most kinds of interesting things, and usually work just fine (with the cover being a bit dented, but else fine).

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #10634 by scootiebee
I almost forgot about A Christmas Story, with Ralphie wanting a Red Rider BB gun, and everyone keeps telling him he'll shoot his eye out, his father who spends most of the movie cursing at the heating system, etc. I love that movie.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10660 by Morgana
CorpseQueen wrote:

And isn't there any stores in the UK or USA where you can get second-hand movies? I bought one in Edinburg at least... and they're way much cheaper then new things, and have most kinds of interesting things, and usually work just fine (with the cover being a bit dented, but else fine).

There are second-hand stores like that all over the place. You just have to be prepared to wait until the item you want shows up. Most of them are in pretty decent condition, and the stores are usually good about returns for defective items. In fact, I very rarely buy CDs or DVDs new, with a few exceptions (Slayer, Motorhead and Slipknot are bands who I will always buy their new album as soon as it comes out).

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds