Necronomicon

More
14 years 9 months ago #759 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:necronomicon
Take wikipedia for what it is worth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necronomicon

Seems it was derived from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #761 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:necronomicon
Wikipedia - my first stop for new info... why didn't I think of that? It's a good way to get the first info, and if you want deeper understanding, then you take Google...
Hopefully I'll read up on this soon... o.O

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 9 months ago #778 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:necronomicon
Aint this the book ash was after in evil dead 3?

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5917 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:necronomicon
Morgana wrote:

I have it, but haven't had a chance to read it yet... I seem to shop faster than I read lately. Nothing weird has happened since I brought it home... my husband was a bit freaked out when I picked it up in the bookstore, but I think he's OK with it now.

I also just borrowed a copy of LaVey's Satanic Bible from a friend... should be an interesting read as well.

I finally found time to read the Satanic Bible, and I found it very interesting. I think a lot of LaVey's philosophies would apply to high-ranking business executives... and not just the stock-swindlers, either. I also have to agree with a lot of what he says about organized religion.

I found that his descriptions of rituals are very similar to Wicca, simply calling on different spirits. Except for the (living) human part, the altar sounds pretty similar, as well as the various tools and mental preparations used.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5943 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:necronomicon
The Necronomicon of Evil dead?

More
14 years 7 months ago #5995 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:necronomicon
yeah ..well...wikipedia is the most unreliable source there is ....ive seen with my own eyes...dont trust it ...

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds