Show Navigation Menu
Media

Magazines

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #32185 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Magazines
Is anyone here reading \"Devolution\" magazine? www.devolutionmagazine.co.uk/
In the May issue there is going to be an article with Geoff Kayson (Alchemy founder/director) and I was hopping that someone could put up scans of the article here?
I'm interested in reading it but obviously can't get my hands on the mag here in Croatia.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32210 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Magazines
black_magnolia wrote:

In the May issue there is going to be an article with Geoff Kayson (Alchemy founder/director) and I was hopping that someone could put up scans of the article here?
I'm interested in reading it but obviously can't get my hands on the mag here in Croatia.

>.< Aah never even heard of it..Our newsagents don't tend to stock alternative magazines unless you head out to town all the time and try to find something in the big chain stores. I think the only one they have is 'Kerrang' around here and that's iffy-iffy in my opinion, so not something I would buy.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #32211 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

>.< Aah never even heard of it..Our newsagents don't tend to stock alternative magazines unless you head out to town all the time and try to find something in the big chain stores. I think the only one they have is 'Kerrang' around here and that's iffy-iffy in my opinion, so not something I would buy.

Yeah, getting your hands on any alternative mag is quite a feat almost anywhere.

Hmmm... If nobody here can get it and put up scans, but is also interested in reading it, I could always ask the admin to put up scans. I assume they will at least have one copy at HQ. :silly:

edit: Yeah, I know it looks obvious that I could have asked him right away, but I keep bugging him for all the forum stuff that I'm not really too fond of bugging him for such a \"musical wish\"... :huh: :blush:

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32212 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Yeah, getting your hands on any alternative mag is quite a feat almost anywhere.

I'm curious - How did you find out about 'Devolution'? Was it just on the shelves at a shop or something?

The only alternative magazines I've heard of were through word of mouth or online and after peeking at their websites, I just never really had that much interest.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32213 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I'm curious - How did you find out about 'Devolution'? Was it just on the shelves at a shop or something?

The only alternative magazines I've heard of were through word of mouth or online and after peeking at their websites, I just never really had that much interest.

Oh. When I think about it, I think by word of mouth in the case of Devolution, but I got the info about the article over facebook. :woohoo:

Generally, I don't really go out of my way to browse the net to find alternative magazines. I'm aware of them mostly by word of mouth or seeing them at shops, but not internet. I remember once browsing through a lot of them when I was at a gothic shop in Vienna and I had a really nice chat with the saleswoman there about them. :)
On the net you mostly notice just the ones that are advertised. Besides \"Gothic Beauty\", I must confess, I haven't seen any other alternative magazines advertised around. Maybe that's also just me and my selective perception when it comes to adverts.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #32219 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Oh. When I think about it, I think by word of mouth in the case of Devolution, but I got the info about the article over facebook. :woohoo:

Generally, I don't really go out of my way to browse the net to find alternative magazines. I'm aware of them mostly by word of mouth or seeing them at shops, but not internet. I remember once browsing through a lot of them when I was at a gothic shop in Vienna and I had a really nice chat with the saleswoman there about them. :)
On the net you mostly notice just the ones that are advertised. Besides \"Gothic Beauty\", I must confess, I haven't seen any other alternative magazines advertised around. Maybe that's also just me and my selective perception when it comes to adverts.

:P Ah right. For specifically gothic magazines I've only really heard of 'Gothic Beauty' as well, but that was through word of mouth and I've never ever seen a copy for sale anywhere apart from online, which is a bit annoying. I knew of alternative music magazines through word of mouth as well, but I can't justify buying those in my mind. :blink:

I did find out about 'Gothic Lolita Bibles' online..And I did miraculously manage to find the most recent one on sale in the local 'Forbidden Planet' in town (don't know if you have those stores where you are..They generally sell manga, comics etc.) but of course, the price is insanely high due to import costs..Though it was nice to be able to flip through it and see an actual physical copy.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds