Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favorite Vampire Movie and/or Literature

More
13 years 2 months ago #30420 by black_magnolia
I've merged the old favourite vampire movie thread into this one, so you can look back a bit and check out the old posts. Couldn't do that before because of those annoying 404 errors...

I didn't think about anime and manga for this thread, but if we count also those I'd have to add \"Hellsing\", \"Vampire Hunter D\" and \"Pet Shop of Horrors\".

The last one isn't really that much about vampires, only the main character is one, but it's an interesting story...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30422 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

The last one isn't really that much about vampires, only the main character is one, but it's an interesting story...

When I think about it, most vampire-themed manga I've read doesn't really play up the vampire part..It's usually just a cutesie-factor..

..Or drawn for people to drool over. :pinch: I love some of the pretty outfits in 'Rosario + Vampire' - But I know why they're there. Which kind of annoys me - Seeing as I'd be reading it to admire the cute clothing designs, and I know a million others out there are probably reading it to perve on 2D images.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30432 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

When I think about it, most vampire-themed manga I've read doesn't really play up the vampire part..It's usually just a cutesie-factor..

..Or drawn for people to drool over. :pinch: I love some of the pretty outfits in 'Rosario + Vampire' - But I know why they're there. Which kind of annoys me - Seeing as I'd be reading it to admire the cute clothing designs, and I know a million others out there are probably reading it to perve on 2D images.

I agree with you! :silly: But a lot of manga is really filled up with perve material. Hellsing is full of blood and fighting, but you still have the female characters with huge breasts in too-tight clothing. :huh:

Oh, I've forgotten to mention Vampire Knight as another good manga/anime.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30597 by Serpenvicis
I've recently heard for book series \"Vampire Academy\" by Richelle Mead. I think it's great. The story is excellent, full of intrigue and romance but also the problems in friendship. I'm delightet with it, didn't expected such great book :)

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #30622 by black_magnolia
Serpenvicis wrote:

I've recently heard for book series \"Vampire Academy\" by Richelle Mead. I think it's great. The story is excellent, full of intrigue and romance but also the problems in friendship. I'm delightet with it, didn't expected such great book :)

I've seen those books around, but didn't get round to picking one up. They are quite cheep here, so I thought they were trashy... I'll try to read some when I get the time. I'm sure they will do for a nice light read.

I know the thread started with 'what is your favourite...', but I assume a lot of us have similar preferences so we can also just use this thread here for recommendations for vampire movies/books.

\"The Historian\" by Elizabeth Kostova is also a vampire book, so to say. I wouldn't really recommend it, but I know when it first came out here, it was a best-seller and a lot of people read and liked it.
It may be interesting for someone who isn't very familiar with Dracula (both the book and the historical person), but here I find the narrative just too slow. Maybe it's just me, because the story didn't grip me so I had to spend more effort in getting myself to read it till the end.
I wasn't really impressed with the way the author described Slovenia and Croatia. Yeah, to someone who isn't from here, her descriptions may be exciting and mysterious, but not even the use of the towns Latin names made me blink... :huh:

And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30631 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Serpenvicis wrote:

I've seen those books around, but didn't get around to picking one up. They are quite cheep here, so I thought they were trashy... I'll try to read some when I get the time. I'm sure they will do for a nice light read.

Hm..I'm curious now. Never seen nor heard of it - But it wouldn't be unusual if I had completely walked past it in the bookshop - There's a whole 'dark romance/fantasy' section now in our bookstores, which I just avoid because lots of cheaply put together vampire stories are stuck there..

:P I'll check my library.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds