Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favorite Vampire Movie and/or Literature

More
13 years 2 months ago #30297 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I liked Underworld, but can't really say that I felt they needed a sequel... :huh:

Oh true..I wasn't that much of a fan of the sequels. First movies in a series are generally the best. :P But still. Seeing as it's a series, it's collectively a favourite for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30326 by Morgana
Of course the original Dracula goes without saying! The movie is great as well, even in spite of Keanu Reeves... And we musn't forget the older classics, such as Nosferatu and Lugosi's Dracula.

I like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, although the first ones are definitely better... Tale of the Body Thief was probably my least favourite. Of the movies, I've only seen Interview, but I really love that one.

Kelley Armstrong does have some vampires in her work, but if she's written a book based mainly on a vampire, I haven't read it yet. I would recommend her books though. I like Charlaine Harris so far as well, although I've only read one of her books (they're the basis for True Blood, which I've not seen yet).

More
13 years 2 months ago #30349 by avengedsevenxxx
Envy... good taste doll! Yeah, I haven't read any vampire books myself, but if I could keep my attention span in check, I think they would be good

More
13 years 2 months ago #30378 by Envy
avengedsevenxxx wrote:

Envy... good taste doll! Yeah, I haven't read any vampire books myself, but if I could keep my attention span in check, I think they would be good

:blush: Oh..When I think about it - I have read a vampire book. Sort of. 'Bloody Kiss' - It's a manga series..But I've only read vol. 1 and 2.

I don't love it for the vampires in it though..I just love it because it's super-cute...And has lots of pretty outfits in..So..Yeah. That is a favourite. Shh.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30381 by Kuroboshi
I can't make a judgement on vampire literature, having read so little. (The only novel I've read is \"Dracula\", I'll admit to reading the manga \"Bloody Kiss\" and I've also read the graphic novel \"The Lost Boys: Reign of Frogs\")

As for my favourite vampire movie, well, it's a difficult choice.

Overall, I'd rank \"The Lost Boys\" as one of my definite favourites with the \"Underworld\" trilogy coming up behind it.

I must, however, give mention to the \"Blood: The Last Vampire\" movies, specifically the live action version (yeah, the animated version is shorter and feels better) simply because of the action scenes. It's a good movie with a basic plot (and it retains the ambiguous ending of the animated version) so essentially something you'd just watch for some sword fighting scenes.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30415 by avengedsevenxxx
Don't know of it, but your secret's safe with me and whomever else reads this :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds