Show Navigation Menu
Media

Blu-ray

More
13 years 10 months ago #23068 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Blu-ray
If you were really a movie buff, it'd be about the plot, not the quality of the medium.

Using the store I normally buy my movies from, HMV, the cheapest a DVD there is £3, the cheapest a blu-ray? £7.

That's over double the price. So don't state that they're the same price and it's a good deal based on where you come from. Prices vary everywhere. It is not really cheap when I could possible buy 2 DVDs for the price of 1 blu-ray.

You're like someone who says they are a gamer, yet discount older games based on graphics. Engaging plots and well developed characters are more important than pretty pictures. Any true movie buff would understand that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23085 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Blu-ray
I agree with Kuroboshi. Thurysaz, you are a tech-buff, not a movie-buff.

Also, I find it hard to believe that blu-rays are the same price as dvd-s (anywhere in the world), because vhs are still cheaper then dvd-s and I don't see that changing. Always the newer technology is more expensive then the old stuff...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23093 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Blu-ray
I think Thurysaz works in the movie industry, if I remember correctly. So I can understand him being interested in all the latest technology related to that field.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23104 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
A good movie that it respects the work of artists who participated too.

If your image is bad how do you see the subtlety of scenery? Or the little details in the background?

The film industry is also a matter of technology. So the best medium possible is: To honor the work of artists who have worked hard to offer of us the best.

And also: You are very kind to tell me that I'm a tech buff more than a movie buff.
(from some is more a compliment than anything)

Continue to cheat by downloading your movies, that! It really respect artists and movies ... I at least I contributes to the achievement of film projects.

@ Sister Morgana: you are totally rigth.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23107 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Blu-ray
Thurysaz, you are amongst one of the worst people I've had the displeasure of encountering.

Frankly, you're just trying to justify why a specific medium makes you better, then go on to accuse us of piracy? I cannot speak for Morgana, however, I could upload pictures of my collection that I have personally bought and they are the only movies I own. Frankly, I'd be interested to know how much you have contributed, with evidence to back up the size of your collection.

Don't try to act elitist because we choose to watch some things on an older medium because SD is still good quality in which you can pick up on parts. You're taking what has been said and twisting it into meaning we watch low-quality pirated versions.

I've expressed my preference for blu-rays, in fact, I'll buy it over a DVD version because I own a blu-ray player (PS3), if those who watch DVDs can't pick up on certain parts, then I'll use an example. If anyone here owns a DVD copy of V for Vendetta, or has seen it on any format other than blu-ray, tell me what clue leads up to who black-bagged Evey, it's not something that is glaringly obvious.

The best way to honour the work of artists? Buy their product legally. I've downloaded Hard Candy off the PS Store, I had to get it in SD because you can only rent it in HD. What does that make me in your opinion? Again, I can provide evidence of this.

So before you accuse us of being pirates, get your damn facts right, lest you cause offence to some of us who actively go out and buy movies they want or see them in cinemas once, maybe twice (I've done this for The Crazies (2010)).

More
13 years 10 months ago #23115 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
Frankly I do not understand your reaction. I had attacked anyone, it was you who started to want to take me high. (This is very easy behind a pc ...)

But I guess you must have problems. I do not blame you.

My DVD collection should be now about 1000 items (yes I know it's not huge) but they are almost versions collector.

Blu-ray? I just started, I have only a dozen.

About Blu-ray:
Before they were, in Belgium during the month of their release, to 35 euros. Now they do not exceed more than 25 euros for small prints. On average they cost 18 euros ... And some editions like the one I mentioned are sold fresh at 9.90 euros.

And in some stores (Les petits papiers, in the heart of Brussels) we find them all at 12 euros.

Do not tell me that it is expensive.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds