Show Navigation Menu
Media

Blu-ray

More
13 years 10 months ago #23043 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Blu-ray
Thurysaz wrote:

Bonsoir brothers & sisters members of The Order Of Algoth,

We talked a few months ago of BR Player but now talk about disc ...
For your countries I do not know the price but, at home in Belgium, the plummeting price! We are open at 9.90 euros!

Example: The special edition for the 20 years of Beetlejuice or the long version (director's cut) of Troy.

And you? How much?

Mes hommages.

T.

*face-palm* Why the hell did you have to post another thread about this? Would it have been such a big problem just to post the question in the old thread and thus getting that thread going again? :angry:

I think blu-ray discs and players are too expensive, so I rather stick with dvds for home entertainment. I'm not that big of a fanatic about the quality of the picture because the movie for me is firstly about the plot and acting and for that matter even a vhs player and an old tv will do.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23052 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
@ Black-magnolia:

I admit that you are moderator on this site but I beg you to not insult me.

Thurysaz.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23053 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Blu-ray
black_magnolia wrote:

I think blu-ray discs and players are too expensive, so I rather stick with dvds for home entertainment. I'm not that big of a fanatic about the quality of the picture because the movie for me is firstly about the plot and acting and for that matter even a vhs player and an old tv will do.

Finally someone who I can agree with! I've nevr been a fan of movies who rely heavily on special effects and the like to hide the fact that it's plot and/or lack luster acting can't hold on to it's end of the bargain (*cough*Avatar*cough*). But we've been attacked so brutally by media hype that most people jump on the blu-ray band wagon because it's \"better\" and start replacing expansive dvd collections with blu-rays so that it looks \"better.\" In the end, it's still the same movie.

The unfortunate thing is that eventually dvds will no longer be available and everyone will be buying blu-rays whether they like it or not. Apparently this day is coming soon . . .

More
13 years 10 months ago #23056 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Blu-ray
When that day comes it's likely blu-ray players will be cheaper to manufacture.

DVDs aren't going to be obsolete any time soon and if it happens too soon and a majority can't afford blu-ray players, then it's lost money from sales.

Besides that, blu-ray doesn't look *that* much better, I myself still buy DVDs (though it's ones that don't appear on blu-ray such as Battle Royale) and I haven't replaced any of my DVDs (that I could) with blu-rays, though I'll admit, I've been tempted by Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within though I did buy Advent Children Complete (for the extra footage, the movie makes more sense with it).

You'd be a fool with too much money to start replacing every DVD you own with the blu-ray equivalent.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #23058 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Blu-ray
I agree with black_magnolia and cemwerewolf as well. I'm really not a fan of movies that rely too much on special effects.

I have upgraded from video tape to DVD for a lot of my movies though, for a few reasons. The DVDs take up a lot less space to store and they're not going to break... anyone remember trying to unwind a cassette tape from a deck that had eaten it? Pretty much impossible to do with a VCR. Also, most DVD movies come with extras which I like to watch... deleted scenes, director commentary, etc.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Morgana.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23066 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
You estimate that about 100 euros (or dollars) for a player is expensive???
Or, as I learned to you, 9.90 euro for a film ...
Seeing the difference between image and quality Blu-ray and DVD (which is the same price from us) I think this is really cheap.
Of course I see it differently than you because I am a movie buff and I hate bad pictures.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds