Show Navigation Menu
Media

itouch, ipad, ipod....icrazy?

More
14 years 3 days ago #19408 by black_magnolia
The new mobile phones get worse in quality as the years go by. I remember my first phone, a Nokia 3310, I think every person I knew had that one, but it could fall down a thousand times and work like new, while the new phones crash once to the floor and you have to be very lucky that they keep on working. My current phone fell a couple of times and it still works, but it knows to freeze when I listen to music. It just stops playing the music and goes all blank like it turned itself off. I'm sure I didn't accidentally push something as I just held it in my hand while I was driving in the bus.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #19418 by Morgana
My 8 year old phone is a Nokia as well, although I forget what model number. I know I've dropped it a few times, left it roasting in the glove box of the car, or freezing in the truck in the winter, and it still seems to work fine.

More
14 years 2 days ago #19433 by anastasia13
I didn't know this was going to go into bashing electronics and technology. Yes I changed my mind and my mother got me a 8g itouch. I just want to play Pocket God on it and have some of my music.

Yes totally agree with you scootiebee, I have my cell with me right now to listen to when I go to Wal-mart, mall, or even local bar when I want to ignore people.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 2 days ago #19453 by scootiebee
Ah, the good old days of crap cell phones. My mom had one of the old cell phones that was the size and weight of a brick, back in the late 80's, early 90's. It was a dinosaur, and cost a fortune to use.

My first personal phone I got in 1995, and I have no idea what it was anymore. The best quality phone I have ever had is a tie. I had each for more than 3 years, the Motorola Star-tac (which is nearly indestructible, but does nothing but make and receive phone calls), and the Motorola 5160, which was also indestructible, conformed to military specs for being undamageable, and worked under any condition, including wet. I demonstrated its toughness to several people by smashing it to the ground. Still worked fine. Apparently you can run over it with a car, and it would still be fine. I wish they made them all like that. Now you have to baby them, protect them from everything, and they scratch up so easy. drop it and the battery flies out, the case cracks, and they become unreliable. Ugh.

And the ones out now that are indestructible are basic models that don't do internet, music, texts, pictures, or anything fun, but make and receive phone calls. Who needs a phone for phone calls? :silly:

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 days ago #19465 by iHauntTheSepulchre
A few years ago I used to use my uncle's old brick of a phone and all the girls at school would tease me about it. Funny thing was...I never needed a new phone after dropping it like everyong else did. I now use a Nokia 2630...it's cannot support music files...but at least it takes basic photos and most importantly, it calls and texts. It's never turned on though... :laugh:

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 5 months ago #27230 by Envy
mozillalabs.com/conceptseries/2010/09/23/seabird/

Anyone seen that yet?

:P It's an interesting idea..But I hate how all of this infra-red/touch-screen stuff is becoming increasingly common.

I've tried using stuff with the same/a similar idea behind the projected keyboard (infrared harp and touch-screen keyboard) and it just doesn't work all that well! I have a feeling it'd lead to people typing with just two fingers and other bad habits because you don't have a physical object to handle.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds