Show Navigation Menu
Media

Nightwish

More
13 years 8 months ago #24386 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Nightwish
i saw Nightwish last year on tour too!!
really the tour was great but wasn't that i expected.
Anette isn't Tarja, that's true..
i think that next album will be more rock..:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36655 by snow.wulf
Replied by snow.wulf on topic Nightwish - Imaginaerum
I managed to get my hands on a copy of the new Nightwish CD, Imaginaerum, and it is amazing! Anette has finally found her stride with this band, and she completely rocks this album. You can really tell that she was a part of the song writing process and that these songs were written with her in mind.

It is full of some hard-rocking tunes, as well as some beautiful orchestral and folk-ish songs. The band really shows it’s diversity on this album, more so than I think they have on any of their other albums. They experiment with many different types of music, from the jazzy nightclub sound of “Slow, Love, Slow”, to the spoken word ending of “Song of Myself”.
If you’re a fan of hard-hitting heavy metal, check out the tracks “Story Time” and “Scaretale”, they won’t disappoint.

My only complaint is that as hard as I try, I just do not think Marco’s voice compliments Anette’s as well as it did Tarja’s.

Overall, this CD was well worth the wait and anticipation! If \"Dark Passion Play\" left you on the fence, then \"Imaginaerum\" should knock you right over it!

Fans of Orchestral heavy metal, with dashes of folk will love this CD.

9/10

:)

More
12 years 4 months ago #36657 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Hmm...sounds good, I should definately grab a copy. I've been looking forward to see whether their new album is worth it, and by the sounds of it, it is.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 4 months ago #36659 by black_magnolia
I had a feeling the album will turn out as snow.wulf described when I heard the first single.
Looking forward to hearing the whole album. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36664 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Nightwish - Imaginaerum
Only heard 'Storytime' just now - Veeeery surprised to find that I actually like it.

I was quite set upon hating Anette. Haha! Might actually get this album and listen to it fully through. Never saw myself saying that. :woohoo:

More
12 years 4 months ago #36714 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Nightwish - Imaginaerum
Thanks for the review... definitely something to add to my Christmas list!

I tend to like Nightwish better with Annette. Not that I dislike Tarja's voice (I have her solo CDs as well), but I just like the music better on Dark Passion Play. It's heavier, and more to my taste, than their older albums.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds