Show Navigation Menu
Media

Nightwish

More
14 years 1 month ago #17363 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Nightwish
I picked up Oceanborn a couple of months ago, and I really like it. I've heard a few of their newer songs on their myspace page as well, and I have to say, I think I like Annette's voice better. Tarja has a fantastic range, and I do like her, but I find her voice a bit thin, whereas I find Annette's is a bit more pleasant to listen to. The newer music seems a bit heavier to me as well, and a bit more guitar-based as opposed to keyboards. But having said all that, I like both versions of the band.

Verminaard, have you seen them in concert more than once? She may just have been having a bad night when you saw them... it happens to every band sooner or later, no matter how tight they are normally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17889 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Nightwish
For me this band is dead without her singer.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17894 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Nightwish
I hate to say it but I think Thurysaz is right at least for me it is...now they sound like every other band at least to me...I dunno maybe I am exagarating, everyone should change and that includes bands I guess, but since I like Queen with Freddy singing same goes for nightwish

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18074 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Nightwish
Thurysaz wrote:

For me this band is dead without her singer.

Mes hommages.

T.

Nightwish did change completely with the loss of Tarja and will not be the same as it once was ad I really haven't been listening to them as much of late....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
13 years 8 months ago #24343 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Nightwish
I loooove Nightwish!:D
expecially Tuomas, oh, it's a great genius!<3v
:kiss:
really that's true, Nightwish aren't the same after Tarja..
it seems that is a new band..:D
however i still listen to Nightwish :whistle:

More
13 years 8 months ago #24350 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Nightwish
I unfortunately didn't have a chance to see Nightwish live with Tarja, but Anette isn't all that bad either. I saw them last year on tour, and the show was great! Anette surely isn't comparable to Tarja, but Tuomas clearly stated in an interview that they were looking for someone completely different because they know they can't find a copy of Tarja... Also, you have to have in mind that Anette didn't have a lot of time to practice the songs before recording the album and it takes time to get some practice performing all those Nightwish songs that were written for Tarja's voice...
I think the next album with Anette will be much better, at least I hope so. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds