Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Forum Usernames

More
14 years 7 months ago #4549 by Slayer002
i really wouldn't know where my name comes from

i use it a long time now, even before i started listening to slayer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18622 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Nickna
My name actually came from some of my favorite books. I am a big fan of the forgotten realms books. My favorite characters are the dark elves. My name is actually made up of two parts. \"Vesz\" means blood and \"drin\" translates to stealer. So my name actually means blood stealer.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 1 month ago #18631 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Forum Usernames
Wow..You all have such interesting reasonings behind your name choices.

Mine was simply because I'm intrigued with the seven 'sins'..I'm quite interested in human nature in general..The extremes, mainly. Curious, curious.. 'Envy' was just the 'sin' that I liked the most..

On most other forums, I'll take the name 'Angel Chance'..Which is yet again, pretty simplistic - I have a budgerigar named Angel and my favourite dog was named Chance.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18727 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Forum Usernames
yeah, I was kicking myself for not coming up with something better when i started out (you all's selections are far more creative than mine) oh well; I'm stephen and that's the way it'll stay.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18728 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Forum Usernames
Yeah, I thought about changing my name too months ago, but I figure I was already in there so many times with my current name, I didn't want to confuse anyone. So now I am stuck with it. :) Fine by me, really.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18739 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:Forum Usernames
I actually really like scootiebee - thought it was very creative :)

Unfortunately I plagerised Poledra from my favourte series of books written by David and Leigh Eddings; The Belgariad.

When I was setting up my hotmail account when I was about thirteen it just sounded right. I had read the entire series three times by then, and many times again since.

Poledra is the mother of Polgara (my other user name funnily enough :p) and she is a sorcoress who came to her husband in the guise of a wolf. Her name was Gara; Pol is the female prefix bestowed upon her by their God as being one of his desiples. She followed him and stayed with him for centries before he noticed she was still by his side, and surpised him one day by suddenly turning into an owl. She was a beautiful and supurb she-wolf, highly intelligent and just completely awesome :kiss:

I had to use 1a to separate myself from all the other people who also think she is the bomb :laugh:

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds