Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 4 months ago #12663 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Money Money Money
I used to ride the bus to work every day, since the stop was 1 block from my house, and went directly to my office. But I had to get off at the \"wrong stop\" a few times because of squicky guys. After a repeat offender squicky guy, I started driving to work every day. Ick. I hated having to walk half a mile back to my house after paying for a bus ride, but there was no way in heck I was leading this guy to my home. I had to call a friend to pick me up in town on her way home, because it was too far to walk through the snow once. Ugh. That was the end of that.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12672 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Money Money Money
Yeah, we've all had some experiences luckily we are alive and well. But still I am a bit tired of look out for this and be aware of that, so I have started working from home as a freelancer. The pay is better than my old job and there is no late returns (I had a similar situation like scootiebee while I was in highschool, luckily I realized I know the guy and kicked him till he ran away, thank you dr martens.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 4 months ago #12691 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Money Money Money
I really like going by bus or train, especially the outside-train. We have a station not far from home, and I've been riding it to town most of my life. Don't like the trains under ground tho (and excuse me for not really knowing the names of everything, but at least now you get it), as there's nothing too look on outside the window, and the central station is always crowded, and I don't like crowds...
My last school, I usually took a longer ride with the outside train, just so I didn't have to change in the central station... everyone trades there, as it's the only place all lines meet, and it's just far too many people for my liking.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #12710 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Money Money Money
It's been 10 years or more since I've had to use public transit. At one point I had to be downtown for work at 5 am, and there was no bus service at that time, so I had to drive. When I changed to a later shift, I kept driving because it's so much nicer to be in your own vehicle, rather than on a crowded bus full of smelly strangers.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12720 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Money Money Money
I don't like cars, especially not when you're alone. You're so cut of from everything else, and even tho I've never driven a car, I know you have to focus on it, and therefore there's no room for me to dream or just think. That's one reason why I like public transport - so much time to think. Add an iPod or another music player and you're in your own little world, but with so much happening around you that you could just watch. I got some real good novells while riding a train... or just evolving those I got. Without that time I would be long way back in my works.

And it's also the place where I read the most. Can't read much on busses, but if done the right way I can read without getting sick. I got some books which I only read when traveling...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #12748 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Money Money Money
The only public transit I take now is if I am going into Washington DC. I drive the 25 or so miles to the closest metro station, park, and take that downtown. If the Metro doesn't go there, neither do I! Parking in D.C. is awful, and expensive. The Metro is routinely voted the cleanest in the world, and most people are polite and quiet, so I can read.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds