Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 5 months ago #10854 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
oh yeah we show some skin and all and it's like \"How can we help you Miss\" but other times its like they don't see us. i hate that. sure there are some guys whom don't do that but there is still alot out there who do and it sucks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10910 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Money Money Money
Envy wrote:

I start driving next January - When the weather should be better.

Half-dreading it really, due to the costs I know are at the other end after passing. I know I'd never have the motivation nor interest to read into repairing cars.

Do mechanics go to university or do they go on vocational courses? Because if it's university - I know who I'll need to befriend. :woohoo:

Good luck Envy! In Canada, they go to trade (vocational) school. Then they work for a certain number of hours, go back to school for a certain number of weeks, and repeat several times. It takes about 5 years of school and work to get your full, cross-Canada license.

Cemwerewolf, that really sucks! But it does seem to happen that way, and not only with mechanics. I find the same thing when we have any type of tradesman working on the house... they always talk to my husband, even though I'm usually the one handing over the cash.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10943 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
Morgana wrote:

I find the same thing when we have any type of tradesman working on the house... they always talk to my husband, even though I'm usually the one handing over the cash.

What a promising world I'll be entering in adulthood! :woohoo:

\"Mind you, if I'm wearing one of my corsets guys seem to be tripping over their own feet in their rush to come to my assistance . . .\"

I find that really creepy - I've noticed the unusual attention I get whilst wearing corsets as well.

During my first week of college, we had tutor lessons daily..I dressed more casually for the first 4/5 days of the week..On the last day, I decided to dress up properly, corset, skirt, subtle makeup..Suddenly, a guy who sat on my table asked me who I was and claimed he had never seen me before, despite sitting on my table everyday of that week.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11149 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Money Money Money
My husband and I were out with both our cars once, and his broke down. So he took mine (1969 Chevelle) off to find a garage/tow truck somewhere, and left me to guard his car. I wasn't wearing a corset or anything like that, just my usual tight jeans and tank top, and sitting on the hood of his 1969 Cutlass. There was a gravel quarry on the road we were on, and trucks going by every few mintues. For the hour or so I was there, every single trucker stopped to ask if I needed help... some of them 2 or 3 times! I'm not sure if it was me, or the car, or both that they were interested in. It was pretty funny though.

I also tend to get a lot of attention like that when I'm driving my car, as it's pretty unusual for a woman to be driving that type of car. I pump my own gas, and can check oil, transmission fluid, etc., and it usually draws a bit of a crowd when I pull in somewhere and pop the hood to check fluids!

More
14 years 4 months ago #12580 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
i can do gas and check stuff too. i think it's seeing a woman doing all that that gets people to stop and chekc it out.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12581 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Money Money Money
Man I feel like a kid still regarding cars, I dunno how to drive ( i wanted to learn but I can't swim either and I thought what if I crash into a lake :P) or know anything practical about them, my father loved his car too much to let me drive and now it is too expensive to learn. But still I would like to, I need that, I feel embarrassed like I dunno how to read or something. :( I envy all of ya :laugh:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds