Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 5 months ago #10236 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Money Money Money
For more than 10 years, my friends and I do a version of Secret Santa. We each buy a present worth less than $20, and wrap it up and bring it to the party. We try to hide even which present we brought with us, but sometimes it is hard if the present is large or oddly shaped. Then we put numbers in a hat and pick numbers. We go in that order up to the pile of gifts. The first person picks a gift. The second person can either pick a new gift from the pile, or \"steal\" the gift the first person took. If they steal it, the first person has to go pick a new gift. With 15 people, the game can go on for an hour, with people stealing a particular gift over and over again, and a long chain of stealing developing. Only after everyone has a gift can we open them all. So sometimes it turns out that the coveted \"most often stolen\" gift turns out to be silly or odd, while an overlooked gift turns out to be something truly desirable. Often people trade presents after they are all opened. It is a lot of fun, and more fun than trying to buy something for one specific person and keep it a secret.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #10238 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
necie1286 wrote:

it would be nice to be rich. i hate being broke around this time of year with both christmas and my brithday right after it. and i have a few freinds brithdays in this month also.

I've noticed tons of people have birthdays in the winter. :dry: I should've done aniticipated saving.

More
14 years 5 months ago #10264 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
thats what i'm going to do next year. i'm going to put up change in my piggy bank and save up for things

More
14 years 5 months ago #10272 by The Wretched Spawn
I hate when people unexpectedly give u a present and u feel bad cause u didn't get them one

What is a day without a blessed night?
And what is peace without a blessed fight?

A quick taste of the poison, a quick twist of the knife
When the obsession with death becomes a way of life

More
14 years 5 months ago #10277 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
me to. that happen to me one time. a freind gave me a book i wanted then looked at me like \"so where is my gift\" and made me feel bad casue of it

More
14 years 5 months ago #10282 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
Maybe this sounds silly, but I dislike receiving Christmas cards for that reason - I don't give cards back out.

It saves the trees, saves my time and to be frank - I don't like how cards are just thrown away after Christmas anyway. It's a waste. >.<! But it makes me feel really guilty because most people expect a card back.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds