Show Navigation Menu

Things you want to do before you die?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10840 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

When my husband retires, his dream is to move to Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, and become a tour guide. They all dress up like it is the 1770's, and talk and act like it is still that time, explaining to tourists what life was like. The whole town is a historic monument. It is amazing, and fun, and you really learn a lot of the early history of the U.S. When we go there and talk with the guides, they invariably ask us which site we work at, because they assume we must work there because our knowledge (especially my husband's, who is a history nut) is very broad.

Hehe..In the history course I'm on, I was quite bored to begin with because I didn't understand it all that well (the teacher is extremely quiet)..But after revising in exam preparation, I've really started to love history all over again (usually I favour WWI and WWII topics - The course I'm on now is about everything in the Middle East since 0BC). My teacher's a complete know-it-all in the subject, it's a shame he can be so quiet - But the other day, he showed us a trailer for a..Documentary or film..That incorporated footage he took in Israel, with his voice in a lot of it. :P We were all lightly amused, as most of the 'footage' involved the cameraman running up a hill whilst we witnessed our teacher waving his arms around comically and continuously shouting: \"DON'T SHOOT! DON'T SHOOT!\"..He was quite proud of that, so we didn't ruin his moment in the spotlight. :P

We have reinactments in England at some historical sites, I seem to recall - Although I haven't been to see one yet. I've been to a place where they completely re-styled a street so it was the same as it would've been during the Victorian era - It was amazing. :) There were Victorian shops, with people behind the counters selling unusual things..(I recall some strange cures for ailments).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10853 by necie1286
oh man that sounds sweet. i wish i could go over there and see it if they still had it. i love going to places like that. i love going to the Ren, fair over here in the states and seeing everyone dressed up and all.

More
14 years 3 days ago - 14 years 3 days ago #20253 by Kelaiah_
Today we were talking about life aims on theory of education. So I figured out that if you just think about things you'd like to do, they will stay just words/thoughts. But if you write them down and try to complete them one by one, it will increase the possibility to make something come true.

I have a few things I'd like to do. Family means a lot to me, so I'd like to get married, have my own children and adopt one perhaps with some disability. I'd like to learn Finish, Latin and Hebrew because I really like languages. Then I'd like to travel to Australia, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Netherlands. I'd like to get in touch with everyone I don't hear often anymore. Oh and in the end, I'd really like to crop my heart and rise in belief. I guess that's pretty much all. :)

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.
Last edit: 14 years 3 days ago by Kelaiah_.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #20805 by StephenG
reconnect / try to make up for all this time I've lost with my daughter
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by StephenG. Reason: typo

More
13 years 9 months ago #23732 by Envy
Well..I've now compiled a list in my head.

I would like to aim to buy a boat, learn to sail a boat, return to Glacier Bay and learn survival skills etc., climb some more mountains, learn some more languages, aim to go to a different location every summer (the fact that I'm only likely to see 80 summers in my lifetime has been revolving around my head recently. I told my father and now he has the urge to travel every year too. Depressing thoughts!)..I've forgotten the rest, but I don't think I want to stick to one job for the rest of my life. I want to experience a load of different jobs after stashing lots of money from one primary job first. Hopefully I'll go into a second job that involves travel in older age.

I'd like to see some more wildlife etc. in my travels too. I saw a pair of bald eagles today and their nest (it was pretty easy to spot - they chose to stick their nest on the top of a pylon on the freeway)..I quite like seeing wildlife. Saw a pod of humpback whales whilst in Alaska as well and that was brilliant.

A few writers have often implied in their studies/works that a human needs a purpose to fully enjoy life regardless of their situation. That's been going around in my head too - I also told my father, and now we're often both speaking of purposes and goals which we wish to fulfil.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23733 by Malkie
Hello world

Get my damned book published... Other then that i mark things off as i do them, get arrested CHECK sleep around like a bad bad man... CHECK... Spend alot of money on crap CHECK..

List goes on.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds