Show Navigation Menu

Things you want to do before you die?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10626 by CorpseQueen
Hope is the greatest things we can ever have. And when we have nothing to whish for, nothing to dream of, no gloas left - then what happenes to our hope? Dreams aren't meant to all come true, they're meant to drive us.

And about swedish... you got a born swedish female right here :blush: Just ask if you want something...

I'd like to write all I have in my mindas well... I think. Some of it would be better if I lived through, but untill then writing is the closest I got...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10632 by scootiebee
Things I have already done:

Learned a 2nd language (French)
moved from my home state (grew up 1500 miles from where I live now)
Worked a lot of interesting jobs
Married someone who is worth being married to
Had my own pets
My daughter is 9, and is doing great
Toured the U.S., Canada, Mexico, England (including a lot of the countryside and castles, and seen my cousins who live in Yorkshire and Nottingham), Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Belgium, Netherlands

What I want to do:
Pay off my house
Tour the rest of Europe (including Sweden where our exchange student is from and Croatia, which I saw on a Michael Palin travel show a couple years ago and fell in love with). I also want to meet my cousins who live in Slovakia.
Learn to fly a plane (this was my childhood dream, I wanted to be a fighter pilot)
See my daughter become an astronaut and fly to Mars (this is her dream since she was 3)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10636 by Envy
necie1286 wrote:

oh man i'd love to go to that area of japn and have alot of money to spend

Oh, are you into Japanese fashions as well? Just curious.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10637 by Envy
Wales is an incredible place! :) I guess the scenery does make a change if you're from Canada, but yet again, when I stayed in America for a while, the snowy mountains on the horizon sure were a change too! Though I guess where I stayed (Seattle), the place lacked greenery.

Should be visiting Alaska next Summer. Will be interesting - I always loved scenic places.

I think I'd rather see the remnants of Roman work than castles in the UK! But that might be because I'm so accustomed to the UK historical sites. I find that historical landmarks etc. abroad seem to be a lot more artistic and I love looking at detailed works - Though I guess that many castles and great manors in the UK make up for that in the sense that they have a lot of finery inside.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10663 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

Wales is an incredible place! :) I guess the scenery does make a change if you're from Canada, but yet again, when I stayed in America for a while, the snowy mountains on the horizon sure were a change too! Though I guess where I stayed (Seattle), the place lacked greenery.

Should be visiting Alaska next Summer. Will be interesting - I always loved scenic places.

I think I'd rather see the remnants of Roman work than castles in the UK! But that might be because I'm so accustomed to the UK historical sites. I find that historical landmarks etc. abroad seem to be a lot more artistic and I love looking at detailed works - Though I guess that many castles and great manors in the UK make up for that in the sense that they have a lot of finery inside.

The landscape of the Island of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, actually looks a lot like Scotland, so that may be part of why I'm drawn to the UK as well. The cultural heritage in this part of Canada is mainly from the UK, so I might even be able to track down some long-lost relatives over there someday.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10676 by black_magnolia
scootiebee wrote:

Tour the rest of Europe (including Sweden where our exchange student is from and Croatia, which I saw on a Michael Palin travel show a couple years ago and fell in love with).

I'll be delighted to be your personal tourist guide, milady! ;)
(I was thinking, for some time now, about getting a license for a tourist guide... They are really strict here about showing sites to tourists without having a license. If they catch you showing someone the city and speaking a foreign tongue - they fine you with no pardon.)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds