Show Navigation Menu

Things you want to do before you die?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10556 by necie1286
oh man i'd love to go to that area of japn and have alot of money to spend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10572 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

:silly: I take it most of you aren't from the UK?

The rural areas are nice, but the cities become tiring. I love the rural edges of the UK..I plan on going to Scotland (I LOVE the Scottish accent :kiss: ) and I adored the scenery in Wales. It's hard to explain, but I just feel I can really breathe there.

My mother always took me to all of the castles etc..She's a history fanatic at heart. Just like me. :)

Surely there would be many more interesting historical sites outside of the UK? The UK is ever-so tiny compared to other countries.

I love the UK, there is so much to discover there, but if you're into older stuff like the Ancient Roman Empire, you can come and visit me. ;)
My home-town has one of the most preserved Roman amphitheatres and there are other monuments from that time and also from the time of the Austro-Hungarian Empire etc. There is an island group in the vicinity which is a national park and Plitvica lakes (national park on the UNESCO list) are relativity close as well... There is a lot of interesting things to see in Croatia and I assume not many of you have heard of such a little country but I don't want to brag here, but trust me that I can. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10580 by Morgana
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

:silly: I take it most of you aren't from the UK?

The rural areas are nice, but the cities become tiring. I love the rural edges of the UK..I plan on going to Scotland (I LOVE the Scottish accent :kiss: ) and I adored the scenery in Wales. It's hard to explain, but I just feel I can really breathe there.

My mother always took me to all of the castles etc..She's a history fanatic at heart. Just like me. :)

Surely there would be many more interesting historical sites outside of the UK? The UK is ever-so tiny compared to other countries.

I love the UK, there is so much to discover there, but if you're into older stuff like the Ancient Roman Empire, you can come and visit me. ;)
My home-town has one of the most preserved Roman amphitheatres and there are other monuments from that time and also from the time of the Austro-Hungarian Empire etc. There is an island group in the vicinity which is a national park and Plitvica lakes (national park on the UNESCO list) are relativity close as well... There is a lot of interesting things to see in Croatia and I assume not many of you have heard of such a little country but I don't want to brag here, but trust me that I can. :)

Envy, I think it's just that the UK is something different (I'm from eastern Canada) is the main attraction for me. I was in Rhyl, North Wales, for about 10 days once, and just loved it! The scenery was breathtaking, and we spent a lovely day wandering around Conwy Castle, and the town as well.

Black_magnolia, I have a friend who has travelled extensively in Eastern Europe (and lived in Russia for a while as well) and if I remember correctly she said Croatia is one of the most beautiful places in the area.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10590 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

Black_magnolia, I have a friend who has travelled extensively in Eastern Europe (and lived in Russia for a while as well) and if I remember correctly she said Croatia is one of the most beautiful places in the area.

Certainly it is!!! :D
It's because of the specific geographical position that also led to a very interesting history. You can imagine just form my home-town which is over 3000 years old, how much history you can find scattered in the country.
Well, enough bragging. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10599 by Misery Machine
I want to find out how to live for ever. But since that is obviously not a realistic goal for a simple mortal like myself, there are also other things.
I'd like to:
- write as much as possible (maybe even publish some of it, but I write mainly for my own desire, not for an audience)
- learn another language (Norwegian, Swedish, Russian or another one)
- buy a gloomy house, live in it with a lot of cats, and decorate that house to fit my taste
- get a black coffin to rest in
- try out the \"uberman\" sleeping schedule for at least 6 months
- design an RPG
- become and stay a vegetarian
- get silicone breast implants xD (have kind of got a boob fetish... but nothing extreme)
- learn how to make my own clothes (it's like quantum physics to me right now)
- find someone to love
- get and stay in shape
- visit my Russian friend in her country
- learn how to use at least one programming language
- have my own web site
- become a psychologist
- get a few tattoos (but that's not important)
- design my own grave/urn (not sure what I want to be done with my corpse)
- wear a deathhawk for at least a year to try it out
- move away from Croatia
- see humanity at peace
- be visited (or abducted) by aliens or other paranormal activity
- get a gun and learn to use it properly
- not having to care about money
etc.

I feel ambitious now that I wrote all this down and can think of a lot more... yet those actually aren't many things for a lifetime, but I think that a human can't ever be done with fulfilling his/her desires, especially if they include being alive itself.

Things I'm proud of:
- speaking and writing in three different languages (Croatian, German, English)
- being myself and trying to be a good person
There are other things that could be seen as achievements, but they don't really make a difference to me.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10600 by SkieShauphen
Misery Machine wrote:

I want to find out how to live for ever. But since that is obviously not a realistic goal for a simple mortal like myself, there are also other things.
I'd like to:
- write as much as possible (maybe even publish some of it, but I write mainly for my own desire, not for an audience)
- learn another language (Norwegian, Swedish, Russian or another one)
- buy a gloomy house, live in it with a lot of cats, and decorate that house to fit my taste
- get a black coffin to rest in
- try out the \"uberman\" sleeping schedule for at least 6 months
- design an RPG
- become and stay a vegetarian
- get silicone breast implants xD (have kind of got a boob fetish... but nothing extreme)
- learn how to make my own clothes (it's like quantum physics to me right now)
- find someone to love
- get and stay in shape
- visit my Russian friend in her country
- learn how to use at least one programming language
- have my own web site
- become a psychologist
- get a few tattoos (but that's not important)
- design my own grave/urn (not sure what I want to be done with my corpse)
- wear a deathhawk for at least a year to try it out
- move away from Croatia
- see humanity at peace
- be visited (or abducted) by aliens or other paranormal activity
- get a gun and learn to use it properly
- not having to care about money
etc.

I feel ambitious now that I wrote all this down and can think of a lot more... yet those actually aren't many things for a lifetime, but I think that a human can't ever be done with fulfilling his/her desires, especially if they include being alive itself.

Things I'm proud of:
- speaking and writing in three different languages (Croatian, German, English)
- being myself and trying to be a good person
There are other things that could be seen as achievements, but they don't really make a difference to me.

Let's see...

I've already
started working on another language
lived in a gloomy house with several cats
slept in a coffin (not good for your back)
I am in shape
visited my friend in Germany
learning CCS
already have my own site
took psychology for a half semester
getting my first tat next year
helped design a gravestone
had a short hawk for a few months
I've moved away from my home town
I've had a paranormal experience (not sure if it was extra terrestrial or ghosts. I was young)
Gotten and learned to use a gun
Never had to worry about money until recently...since I moved out.

On a comment from before: I was so glad I got the chance to visit many of the castle's and forts while I was in Germany. It was the best. Not to mention, there were 3 in the town I was staying at. There was a fourth, but it had long since fallen and eroded. It was still interesting though, nothing left but large columns of rock out in the middle of the fcrest.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds