Best friends

More
13 years 10 months ago #22400 by JNasty
Replied by JNasty on topic Re:Best friends
I do not know why.

But make friends VERY easy.
:)

I out of those friends I make BEST friends. :laugh:

I lurk in the Shadows,waiting to kill, and drink the blood of an unsuspecting person. I am the one who haunts you in your sleep. I am the night Queen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22404 by lionfield66@msn.com
Replied by lionfield66@msn.com on topic Re:Best friends
i havent and never had a best friend, i tend to have a few close friends instead, but i have one truely amazing friend whom i have known since secondary school and i know she is there if i need anyone to chat to and vice versa, and if i had to pick one friend for life it would be her. :kiss:

More
13 years 10 months ago #22429 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:Best friends
I consider my three strong friends \"best friends\" but I know its not reciprocated. Kate and Sarah are twins and I was friends with both of them since grade 1 (bout 8 years old - Im 27 in August) and friends with Bek since probably grade 6, then stronger friends in high school. During those years Ive been better friends with each of them, probably in turn but its pretty much equal footing atm. Kate lives 5 hours away, Bek just down the road and Sarah's 20 minutes away.

Even though Bek's a great friend she's a small doses kind of gal; she's got a lot of ego going on due to her mum so sometimes i find it hard to get my head around her ideals. Kate's much closer to someone else now so I dont hear from her much, and Sarah's best friends with Bek (vise versa). But I know at any time I can talk to them and they understand and support me, and I them, and if we didnt speak for five/ ten years I know we'd just pick up right where we left off.

I unfortunately rely on my partner for support quite often which he struggles with - he very much appreciates \"alone\" time... Im frequently bored (yeah I've got no life :P ) so I poke him more than I should. I make friends easily but I dont seem to be able to keep them. I'd love someone I could talk to every day - you know those bored short work avoidance emails, but havent found anyone thats as seemingly bored as me :S

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27809 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Best friends
I'm not sure how to feel. Happy or lost.

I think I mentioned a long time ago I had a best friend who had cut contact with me..Well..I plucked up the guts to..Er. Ask a friend to text him for me, after I read some good news online. :S She ended up calling him and he told her to tell me to text him myself and that he'd reply.

Haven't spoken to him in over a year, so..I feel a bit strange. Unsure of myself and whether contact is even a good idea.

..But it's stopped me crying everytime I think about him at least. That's..A burden off of my shoulders. That relieves me. Never understood why I cried anyway.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27820 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Best friends
Envy wrote:

I'm not sure how to feel. Happy or lost.

I think I mentioned a long time ago I had a best friend who had cut contact with me..Well..I plucked up the guts to..Er. Ask a friend to text him for me, after I read some good news online. :S She ended up calling him and he told her to tell me to text him myself and that he'd reply.

Haven't spoken to him in over a year, so..I feel a bit strange. Unsure of myself and whether contact is even a good idea.

..But it's stopped me crying everytime I think about him at least. That's..A burden off of my shoulders. That relieves me. Never understood why I cried anyway.

Congrats on having the guts to do that!
I also have a friend that I haven't spoken to in a year and I'm kinda feeling bad about it. My other friends tell me not to contact him because of they way he was behaving towards me. No need to go into much detail here. Hell, I somehow miss him, we always had a great time together, but I just got fed up with some stuff and decided to not call him any more... Except one unanswered call and some e-mail greeting card for March 8th (Woman's day) he didn't try to contact me either so I just let the months pass... Thinking about it makes me sad, but I don't have the guts to call him... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27822 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Best friends
Well..My friend offered to start contact on my behalf because she realised that it was a solution to a problem in my life..Even though I wasn't sure. She's usually right about things..

A lot of my original messages went unanswered, which I expected. I knew he'd have cut off all means for me to contact him..But it's a reason why even now, I'm unsure of what to say and how to act. I worry that he'll just disappear again and that he's only humouring me when he asks if I want him to text me the next day.

All I wanted was to just know why he was gone. He made the decision without telling me, so for over a year, all I've wondered was..Why? Did he hate me? Did he think it was an easier way to end our friendship? Does he even think about me or remember me at all now? At least I know now. Supposedly.

Things aren't the same, but I think..Just knowing the reasons why he made his choices is enough to keep me content with myself. It was tearing me apart to think that maybe he hated me, whereas I've only ever thought most highly of him.

Magnolia, you seem to be like me. :P If you don't have the guts to start contact..Maybe ask a friend to help you? If the worst comes to the worst, your friend could call, ask if he remembers you, and if not, they can just say \"Oh. Wrong number then.\" and then at least you know that the guy's 'moved on'.

But on the lighter side - He could remember you and you could start talking again. He might've changed. People usually do, after such a long time..

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds