Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
14 years 7 months ago #5876 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Children
What's even more rediculous is when you have a valid medical condition and can't get a surgery done. My parents only wanted two children and I was the second. My mother had problems with endimetriosis for years before and after I was born. Though my parents didn't want anymore children, doctors refused to perform a histerectomy until after my mom was thirty so she suffered for many years in the meantime. I find it ridiculous that women aparently aren't allowed to make such decisions about their own bodies!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5879 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Children
cemwerewolf wrote:

What's even more rediculous is when you have a valid medical condition and can't get a surgery done. My parents only wanted two children and I was the second. My mother had problems with endimetriosis for years before and after I was born. Though my parents didn't want anymore children, doctors refused to perform a histerectomy until after my mom was thirty so she suffered for many years in the meantime. I find it ridiculous that women aparently aren't allowed to make such decisions about their own bodies!

Seconded.

And, your poor Mom...I've a friend who had endometriosis, and it made her absolutely miserable! I hope your Mom was ok after going through all that!

More
14 years 7 months ago #5881 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Children
I wasn't blessed with the choice of kids, a higher power or God took it from me....I don't know if it was because I'm adopted or all my bad choices in life, but I can't have them..I have tons of Godkids tho...I am close friends with the parents and they love to dump their kids on me....LOL> I think people that want kids should have them. Those that can have them and don't want them....be safe!!!!

Goth kids are so cute...one of my friends dressed her 6 month old son as Fester for Halloween!!!

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5902 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Children

And, your poor Mom...I've a friend who had endometriosis, and it made her absolutely miserable! I hope your Mom was ok after going through all that!

She was much better afterwards but both her sisters went through the exact same thing. And now I have a friend who is 25, has endimetriosis, doesn't want to have kids, is constantly in horrendous pain and the doctors want her to wait too. You'd think opinions could change with time . . .

More
14 years 7 months ago #5919 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Children
cemwerewolf wrote:

She was much better afterwards but both her sisters went through the exact same thing. And now I have a friend who is 25, has endimetriosis, doesn't want to have kids, is constantly in horrendous pain and the doctors want her to wait too. You'd think opinions could change with time . . .

Wow, I guess I was lucky after all! I only had to lie to get mine done. You'd think with valid medical concerns, that the doctors wouldn't be so \"holier than thou\" about it.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5924 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Children
cemwerewolf wrote:

I'm glad that the operation helped her, and that the %$&$#@#$!!! doctor who denied her the operation in the first place finally relented. That is just sick, that a medical professional would let someone suffer like that (in the case of both your Mom and the friend who's going through it now). Horrible. Physicians are supposed to alleviate pain, not stand by and watch someone suffer...

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds