Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
14 years 7 months ago #5715 by LadyInBlack
Replied by LadyInBlack on topic Re:Children
Could be nice to dress your children in gothic clothes, but that isn't a guarantee that they will follow their parents style later...
I have a 16 years old daughter, who listen pop and hip-hop and i can't do anything to change her preferences...:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5734 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Children
Agree with Polaristhe, but if I ever got pregnant I wouldn't keep it. No matter what other people are saying, even my boyfriend, but I wouldn't want to give birth to it. 9 months of something growing inside you, changing your looks, your body, your temper and that you could never be free from... to me it would be like a parasite.

If I'm too young, maybe. But I've felt the same way since I know where kids came from, how they where made - I don't wanna give birth to one. I've told my boy I could consider adoption sometime in life, but really, I doubt it... As said, I can stand kids, I can stand being around them, their childish behaviour and games (not to mention the tv and media directed to them), but I don't want to take care of one 24/7.
Sometimes I can think about it, what I would learn a child, what I'd do different from all others, and so on, but in the end... I'm just not made for it. My mind is too dark and independent to care so much about something that would never understand.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #5749 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Children
I don't really like kids. I never played with dolls much when I was little, or went all silly over relatives babies as a teenager. I babysat a lot, for the money, and always thought how irritating it would be to have kids that you have to look after 24/7... just a few hours in an evening was more than enough for me.

I got my tubes tied when I was 26, although I had a really hard time finding a doctor that would do the surgery then. They kept telling me to wait until I was older, and they were sure I'd change my mind. Well, I'm nearly 36 now, and still happily child-free.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5754 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Children
Morgana wrote:

I got my tubes tied when I was 26, although I had a really hard time finding a doctor that would do the surgery then. They kept telling me to wait until I was older, and they were sure I'd change my mind. Well, I'm nearly 36 now, and still happily child-free.

They always do that. Tell you to wait, with whatever you want to do, they tell you to wait. Til when? When you're old enough not to do it? When you've made another misstake and learned from it?

I understand them only seeing your best, but sometimes they just don't get it. I've had the same kind of dreams and wants and disslikes since I began to form a personality, and even before that I had traces of what I am today.
But most people only see themselfs, how they'd changed during their lives, and I guess most are trying to tell you those things because that's how they can repent their own misstakes.

Or because a child-free life just isn't natural... sure, if you have 5 kids you can do that kind of surgery, but only because then you know what a misstake it was not to do it earlier. And really, most operations alike can be regretted nowdays, what I've got to know at least.

Woho! My 500th post! Beat that! (and some of you will, in time... hm)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by CorpseQueen.

More
14 years 7 months ago #5771 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Children
In all honesty i do not enjoy children, mainly other peoples undiscipline heathens!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #5780 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Children
knumpcy wrote:

In all honesty i do not enjoy children, mainly other peoples undiscipline heathens!

That's an insult to Heathens, lol!

Morgana: I, too, had to jump through all sorts of hoops in order to get \"fixed\". I find it ridiculous that (in the U.S., anyhow) once a person reaches the age of 18, they can serve in the military (not that there's anything wrong with the military, mind you; I come from a Navy family & have friends and family who have served/are serving currently), but supposedly can't decide that they don't want to have children until they're well into their 30s. (And have perhaps already had a few children that they didn't want to begin with, which is lousy for them but much worse for the children...)

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds