Show Navigation Menu

Breast Cancer Awareness

More
13 years 10 months ago #23095 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
I've heard something similar about burnt food, specifically about BBQ'd items. Apparently if you really burn the food, the way some people intentionally do, it does increase the amount of carcinogens in it.

I agree though, it's hard to know what to listen to and what to ignore... some things are supposed to be good to prevent one disease, but may cause another one! I think a common sense approach is best... exercise, eat reasonably well, don't overdo it on the alcohol, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23111 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
Reminds me - Russell Howard (comedian) poked fun at how a newspaper here published something which decided practically everything causes cancer. :blink: I'm curious as to what kinds of things they wrote. I haven't found a full online version of it yet, but I did find this short list:

www.thedailydust.co.uk/2009/02/19/20-str...y-will-cause-cancer/

More
13 years 10 months ago #23138 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Reminds me - Russell Howard (comedian) poked fun at how a newspaper here published something which decided practically everything causes cancer. :blink: I'm curious as to what kinds of things they wrote. I haven't found a full online version of it yet, but I did find this short list:

I think the list is a bit too blown up. If we go that far into detail, then even life itself will cause cancer. You sure as hell won't get cancer if you're already dead. lol Sorry, for my weird humour. XD

Frankly, you just have to find the golden middle of everything. Too much of the good stuff can also be bad and vica versa...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23152 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
Envy wrote:

I can't tell if that was meant to be funny, or serious. Seems way overblown to me though. Of you don't use sunblock you'll probably get skin cancer, and other studies say red wine and dark chocolate are good for you, in small portions. And as for skipping mouthwash and deodorant... sorry, not gonna happen!

black_magnolia, I agree with your sense of humour... if life is so dangerous, we'd be safer to be dead!

More
13 years 10 months ago #23154 by Kuroboshi
Chances are, it has been in the Daily Mail.

It's not the best newspaper out there, so it wouldn't surprise me if it has named all of those as causes of cancer.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23156 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
Kuroboshi wrote:

Chances are, it has been in the Daily Mail.

It's not the best newspaper out there, so it wouldn't surprise me if it has named all of those as causes of cancer.

:P Yes..The Daily Mail generally do anything to get readers. Just like 'The Sun' is a paper full of naked women, adverts and celebrity gossip.

:laugh: I know the list is really 'overblown', but I'm just curious to see what else they have to say, simply because it's all so ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if life was listed as dangerous, knowing 'The Daily Mail'.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds