Show Navigation Menu

Emos

More
14 years 6 months ago #7923 by Nox Aeterna
Replied by Nox Aeterna on topic Re:Emos
Zenith wrote:

Nox Aeterna wrote:

I hate them because here they are usually gays and damaged the gothic scene :S

Hmmm, I don't think it's fair to call them gay. And even if they were gay, that wouldn't be the problem. I mean, if they listen to their music and stick to their fashon without making a show of their supposed misery and suffering that'd be ok.

I do not know how emo culture elsewhere, but in my city is normally so, here most people hate. You're right, so they are happy. What really bothers me is that they claim to be gothic, but anyway, each in its own, isn't?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7929 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Emos
well if they claim to be gothic it means they're unsure about themselves. Just kids. They'll grow out of their whiny emo phase. People are so ignorant that they call everybody wearing black emo. It's like it would be an insult. Can't understand this.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #7957 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Emos
I agree with Zenith on the last few posts. As long as they stay where they are it's fine with me. In fact, according to today's trends that 'fad' is declining just as fast as it appeared. So within the next 3 years it might dissipate altogether anyways. Thank the gods goth has been strong for nearly 30 years now.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27504 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Emos
sometimes I tried to talk to some EMO's to find out what they wanted and why they behaved as they were depressed from existence, and you know the answers I got??? some of them doesn't even know what they are listening, for example if I ask them something about EMO bands or the relation of EMO music to rock I always obtain something like: weeeeeeeell eeeeemo deriiiives froom gooothic aaand roock. without a bit of story :ohmy: ! some of them are useless kids that think they live in a world made of sh*t just because they always argue with theyr parents, and they don't understand school, and theyr classmates laugh at them!! so... I'm a fucking metalhead but I don't think that's hard living, :angry: they go to school to improve themselves and don't understand what they are doing, so they collect bad marks and argue with theyr parents and they become depressed, so theyr classmates laugh at them not because they dress like very drunken gothics but because they have understood something about life and they find hilarious theyr lack of maturity.
I personally go to school dressed in black with a leather jacket, long hair, jeans an alchemy gothic ring and necklace, a t-shirt of some metal group and studs but no one laughs at me for this. because when I talk I try to do an interesting thing called thinking.
and THIS is what I think about EMO's B)
but it's only my personal opinion about what I see in my town.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #27506 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Emos
:woohoo: I never knew there was an 'emo' topic.

:P Emos, to be frank, annoy me. All of the 'emo' people I know don't do well at college, generally get drunk/party every night, mess around, are reaally loud and overtly hyper when around each other, dress 'emo' to fit in with other 'emo's and act depressive because they think that's what 'emos' should be like around non-emo-folk.

Gothically inclined people, on the other hand, seem to do pretty well academically and are rather more graceful/respectful in their actions, but of course, I'm just speaking from who/what I know and have experienced.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27511 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Emos
Ah... I never understood why depression is one of the distinctions of emos. Depression is a illness that shouldn't be taken easily and made fun of. I'm pretty sure most of these emo kids aren't depressive (at least not in the start) in that term and are just pretending that they are because everyone is expecting that of them. It's the same logic as when you say someone is a delinquent and by repeating that you in fact make him delinquent...
I think if people would react more kindly to them they would change to the better...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds