Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 3 months ago #31320 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

Unfortunately we just had to put our dog to sleep. :(
And we were determined that we should not have another dog right away, but there is so empty in the house without our dog, so we've already ordered a new little puppy, so now we just have to wait. :side:


I'm sorry! :(
It always hard putting a pet to sleep, but it really helps if you have another pet at home that can help you get over it.
I'm still trying to convince my mom to get a new family dog. She thinks we don't have time for one becasue both my sister and I are at uni now and she and dad have a lot of work, but I know she can keep the dog with her at the office and it would especially do her some good becasue of her hypertension etc. I've noticed that it became worse after our dog passed away, and I really miss having a dog at home... Even my doctor told me that it would be a good idea if we got a new dog. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #31327 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

Unfortunately we just had to put our dog to sleep. :(
And we were determined that we should not have another dog right away, but there is so empty in the house without our dog, so we've already ordered a new little puppy, so now we just have to wait. :side:


I'm sorry! :(
It always hard putting a pet to sleep, but it really helps if you have another pet at home that can help you get over it.
I'm still trying to convince my mom to get a new family dog. She thinks we don't have time for one becasue both my sister and I are at uni now and she and dad have a lot of work, but I know she can keep the dog with her at the office and it would especially do her some good becasue of her hypertension etc. I've noticed that it became worse after our dog passed away, and I really miss having a dog at home... Even my doctor told me that it would be a good idea if we got a new dog. :silly:


Last time we lost a dog, we had another one but this time it was the only one.
For us the only right thing to do is get a new one.
And some might suggest it also will be a good idea for you - I hope you get your mother persuaded ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #31328 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
>.< Eep..I've never had to have a pet put down..

My fish fry are really big now. We let one lot out into the big tank yesterday. ^.^ They're so cute. So far, we've only had one minor mishap..

One of the young boys got a bit too competitive so he got into a small scrap with the larger males..He's not too roughed up though. A few little nips, but I separated him off to heal up anyway.

I was just glad there wasn't loads of nipping going on - I released about 30 fry into the tank, so I hoped it'd be more or a safety in numbers kind of thing.

They're all big enough to be colourful now. ^.^ I should get another picture up sometime.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #31330 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

Unfortunately we just had to put our dog to sleep. :(
And we were determined that we should not have another dog right away, but there is so empty in the house without our dog, so we've already ordered a new little puppy, so now we just have to wait. :side:


Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's always a tough decision to make, even when you know it's the best thing to do for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #31347 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

Last time we lost a dog, we had another one but this time it was the only one.
For us the only right thing to do is get a new one.
And some might suggest it also will be a good idea for you - I hope you get your mother persuaded ;)


Thanks! ;) I'm pretty sure I'm going to successfully persuade her because a couple months ago I'd get a strict NO for a dog, and now I see she's considering it. I think this summer we'll have a new dog at home. :)

btw. Which breed are you getting?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #31348 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

Last time we lost a dog, we had another one but this time it was the only one.
For us the only right thing to do is get a new one.
And some might suggest it also will be a good idea for you - I hope you get your mother persuaded ;)


Thanks! ;) I'm pretty sure I'm going to successfully persuade her because a couple months ago I'd get a strict NO for a dog, and now I see she's considering it. I think this summer we'll have a new dog at home. :)

btw. Which breed are you getting?


We are getting a Welsh Corgi Cardigan - like the others we've had :kiss:


My late dog
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Madam_Mim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
cookies disabled

To purchase Alchemy Gothic products visit the Alchemy Dealer List - Trade Customers visit www.alchemyengland.com
Copyright Alchemy Carta Ltd. Alchemy Gothic is a registered Trademark, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Site MapFriends of Alchemy.