Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
14 years 2 months ago #16954 by cemwerewolf
I'm the same way. I've worked in kitchens before that don't want you to have any visible piercings. So all of mine are easily hidden by a chef's jacket. That way too, if I'm going somewhere where my tattoos might make others uncomfortable (like dinner with my grandmother for instance :) ) I can hide them so that everyone is more comfortable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16967 by Morgana
I always hid mine (2 so far) from my grandmother, and kept them covered when I worked in an office as well. I love them, and I'm not the least bit ashamed or regretful of getting them, but there's a time and a place for everything.

I worked as a cashier in a grocery store in the early 1990s, and the boss gave me hell one day for showing up with my nails painted black. She didn't send me home, but told me to remove it before my next shift, because it looked unsanitary, considering I was handling people's food as I was ringing it in. Now, it's very common to see dark nail polish, tattoos, facial piercings, etc., on grocery store staff. How times change...

More
14 years 2 months ago #16987 by scootiebee
One of my gothiest friends works customer service in a grocery store. She is a doll-baby, but someone might be put off by her appearance. But she doesn't complain of problems. I will have to ask her. Maybe I will drive down and visit her tomorrow if I feel better.

I have dark nail polish, but not black. It is a sort of burgundy/blood red. But I don't think it looks unsanitary. I guess times have changed. I can wear black satin skirts with a petticoat and a black sleeveless lace blouse to and elementary school, and get complimented by everyone for how cute I look! Odd. But I have gotten comments from other parents that I was dressed \"inappropriately\" for school on a few occasions. I have a section of clothes I am not allowed to wear back there anymore. Not too dark or scary, but too low-cut. I didn't think it was too low cut. So I usually go Victorian to school. Can't complain about Victorian being too revealing! Huh.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #16996 by millkins

But I have gotten comments from other parents that I was dressed \"inappropriately\" for school on a few occasions. I have a section of clothes I am not allowed to wear back there anymore. Not too dark or scary, but too low-cut.

They were envious for sure ;)

EDIT: I have a question for all of you who have tattoos, is it possible for this design of me and my friend to be made as a tatto on my skin. I have to ask because I have heard a lot of people saying no, and it is too complicated and so on, so I want to know whether to change it or try asking around some more ;)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by millkins. Reason: forgot to ask

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #17002 by Verminaard Draconis
No and I'm telling you why. Because it have too much details so if you whant it exactly like that it have to be bigger and place on your back or on an upper leg to have much details about it!

I agree with Black_magnolia but if you'd do it on a painting it would be marvelous! Especially with all the details it would be extremely interesting! But for a tattoo, the place with all the details woud be just too much ink so the details would not only show but it would be deforming your tracing!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Verminaard Draconis.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17003 by black_magnolia
millkins wrote:

I saw much more detailed ink jobs than your piece and I think you wouldn't have problems with it, just make it big enough. And mybe you could take off the tribal part from the girls face, it looks just like too much. Overall, I love the concept and I hope I was of some help. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds