Show Navigation Menu

Let's talk about sex...

More
14 years 2 months ago #15571 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Oddly, some of the states that have abstinence only programs here have the higher rates of teen pregnancy. I can't believe they actually think their programs can work. It is sad.

Probably the sense of curiosity and rebellion. I heard that a country which legalised drinking for..It was either 16+ or 16- (18+ in England)..Had reduced health problems in their younger population. Possibly because it no longer seemed like a rebellious thing to do, now that it's legal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15590 by scootiebee
I wish that were the case here. It is 21+ for any alcohol in the U.S., even wine and beer. I think that's why there are such problems on college campuses with binge drinking.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15613 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I wish that were the case here. It is 21+ for any alcohol in the U.S., even wine and beer. I think that's why there are such problems on college campuses with binge drinking.

Mm university here is all fun and games.. Most go out drinking because once you hit 18+ you can get several drinks for just a few pounds. Kids go wild - First taste of freedom.

I don't think the government could enforce an age limit of 21+ on alcohol really..They increased the legal age to smoke here, and it hasn't had any effect whatsoever. We have 10 year olds smoking and the legal age is something like 18+..Kids just get their friends to buy them things.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15632 by scootiebee
That is the problem here, too. Smoking age is 18, but I started at 15. Oh, well. And drinking age at 21 is really bad, because kids hide out and drink to excess, instead of going to a public place to drink because they are underage. A lot of underground parties happen in high school and college here, and kids who don't know any better get in a car after drinking, and don't ever get home. I think if the drinking age were 18, when kids normally leave home either for school or whatever, they would drink less, simply because it would become a more accepted social occasion, rather than a secret forbidden activity, which always invites drinking too much.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15648 by raidohaglaz
You can smoke and drink legally here at 16 (except for spirits, which aren't legally consumable until you are 18). I started drinking at birthdays and such aged 10 (just one glass and such). I have been regularly drinking from about 14, but my father helped me keep measure. Just one or two glasses of ale on an evening and only in the weekend. I occasionally drink myself stupid, but it doesn't happen alot and I mostly do it consciously, because I want to get drunk. Starting to drink at an early age isn't that bad, really, it's the upbringing that makes it good or bad.

And now, how about we go back on topic? ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #15658 by Envy
raidohaglaz wrote:

You can smoke and drink legally here at 16 (except for spirits, which aren't legally consumable until you are 18). I started drinking at birthdays and such aged 10 (just one glass and such). I have been regularly drinking from about 14, but my father helped me keep measure. Just one or two glasses of ale on an evening and only in the weekend. I occasionally drink myself stupid, but it doesn't happen alot and I mostly do it consciously, because I want to get drunk. Starting to drink at an early age isn't that bad, really, it's the upbringing that makes it good or bad.

And now, how about we go back on topic? ;)

:P Very well. What's your opinion on sex toys then?

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds