Show Navigation Menu

Let's talk about sex...

More
14 years 2 months ago #15417 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I remember the Red Hot Chili Peppers got on stage once wearing nothing but one sock each. And an ex of mine thought this was so funny he walked in on me one day dressed such. The only thing that made it contraception is I was laughing too hard to want to do anything sexual.

Haha! That sock anecdote was my laugh for the day.

Kids start having sex at a really young age here (UK = highest teen pregnancies I think?) even though it's 'against the law'..I wouldn't be surprised if some experimental kids were naive enough to try plastic things.

Poor girl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15435 by scootiebee
That's why sex education is so important. If kids don't understand how to properly protect themselves, they will get creative, and not understand that they are not protecting themselves from disease and pregnancy. If you give kids the information, they will use it; if not, they don't have a chance.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15449 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

That's why sex education is so important. If kids don't understand how to properly protect themselves, they will get creative, and not understand that they are not protecting themselves from disease and pregnancy. If you give kids the information, they will use it; if not, they don't have a chance.

Mm..They give sex ed. way too late here.

For example, most of the girls had already started their periods by the time we were 'taught' what the hell a period was. Bah. The same with sex and contraception..Many were already no longer virgins by the time we were taught about it in class.

I think they reduced the age kids are taught to around 10-11 years now..I recall my brother had sex ed. a few years back at an earlier age than I had it.

:woohoo: He came home very quiet and went very sheepish/ran off when my mother asked him what he had learned in school. She knew what he had learned because every parent got a letter stating what the kids were going to be taught and whether any parents wanted their kids to be excluded due to the nature of it.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15467 by scootiebee
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

Mm..They give sex ed. way too late here.

For example, most of the girls had already started their periods by the time we were 'taught' what the hell a period was. Bah. The same with sex and contraception..Many were already no longer virgins by the time we were taught about it in class.

I think they reduced the age kids are taught to around 10-11 years now..I recall my brother had sex ed. a few years back at an earlier age than I had it.

:woohoo: He came home very quiet and went very sheepish/ran off when my mother asked him what he had learned in school. She knew what he had learned because every parent got a letter stating what the kids were going to be taught and whether any parents wanted their kids to be excluded due to the nature of it.

The have been teaching sex ed here in 5th grade (kids are 10 or 11) since I was a kid, but each state in the U.S. makes its own program. They can choose what is taught to kids, and some more conservative states choose to teach \"abstinence only\" programs, so kids aren't taught about pregnancy risks or disease risks, but only that they should abstain from all sexual contact. That's what leads to problems, in my opinion. That kids don't know what they are risking if they don't abstain (and many don't), and that's when you get kids experiementing with candy wrappers and socks as contraception. They just don't know any better.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15473 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

The have been teaching sex ed here in 5th grade (kids are 10 or 11) since I was a kid, but each state in the U.S. makes its own program. They can choose what is taught to kids, and some more conservative states choose to teach \"abstinence only\" programs, so kids aren't taught about pregnancy risks or disease risks, but only that they should abstain from all sexual contact. That's what leads to problems, in my opinion. That kids don't know what they are risking if they don't abstain (and many don't), and that's when you get kids experiementing with candy wrappers and socks as contraception. They just don't know any better.

Mm I think it was lack of information and just the way life is around here, that led to so many of my generation being pregnant before they were ready. Most of them are people I loathe anyway, so.. :woohoo: We were all given the information at around..12-13 years of age. It was pretty useless by then.

Don't think the government would ever have 'abstinence only' programs here, just because we have such a large amount of teen-pregnancies as it is.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15517 by scootiebee
Oddly, some of the states that have abstinence only programs here have the higher rates of teen pregnancy. I can't believe they actually think their programs can work. It is sad.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds