Show Navigation Menu

Let's talk about sex...

More
14 years 2 months ago #16924 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
Aah! I'm in the process of getting my HPV vaccination..I get my 2nd out of 3 injections this Friday. :)

>.< I've actually shaved since I was pretty young..When I started becoming sexually active. It's just part of my whole body-conscious mindset. My ex really didn't help me with that..Ugh.

I just find it so difficult to initially make the leap and allow a partner to get a closer look..Even with the lights dimmed and even whilst I'm mostly hidden under sheets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16925 by scootiebee
First of all, I have been with my husband for almost 15 years, so nothing new in a long time! :) I am too old for the HPV vaccine, but I am starting my daughter on it soon. She was supposed to get the first last week, but we would have had to sit at the doctor's for another 20 minutes, and I was already late for another appointment, so we are going back soon for the first.

Second, once I stopped getting the Depo-Provera shots, my periods returned, and all is back to normal. Now I am really not looking forward to \"real\" menopause, though! I had an IUD but it caused massive cramping, and extremely heavy bleeding. Not what I was going for. The little stick here lasts 5 years, but I never wanted more hormones! And we decided we didn't want more kids, and at the time, the easiest thing was to get my husband snipped. So we did that. Now they have this thing you can have inserted in the fallopian tubes, and it scars and heals over, blocking them permanently. But it is 100% irreversible, so you have to be POSITIVE that you will never want more kids. I would have done that, had it been available all those years ago.

I can't imagine going out with new people again, and having to worry about all that stuff again. I know we are disease-free, but I remember back before I met my husband, I did a lot of strange things with strange people...Glad I never caught anything.

For those worried about catching something from oral sex, they make a barrier, sort of like a condom material thing, that is a sheet of rubber to put over your genitals during oral sex, to prevent getting disease that way. Worth a try if you are really worried. I think it is called a dental dam, or something like that, in the U.S.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16928 by Poledra1a
Gah!! Dental Dams lol...Ive heard of them but have never seen one for sale. Gotta do what ya gotta do but still lol... bet it was designed by a male... :P

Im really glad that other countries are taking proactive steps with HPV :) I know that sounds weird but like, all we hear about American/ Canadian Health Care is that its pretty much non existent (unless you're rich and can pay) due to people not wanting to pay more taxes. And then what we see in movies... which isn't very reassuring either lol... Benefits of being a colony - we have Medicare and its awesome :)

lol.. Scootiebee... strange things with strange people hey.... lolz... :P

Contraception really is about trial and error - Ive not met many women who've been able to have the one contraception and have it work perfectly first go, normally takes a bit of wait and see :)

And go Envy ;) lol bet your current boe appreciates your efforts :) He has to be nice about it I guess... maybe try not to plan it/ think about it too much? Keep in mind he loves your body for you, otherwise he wouldn't be with you :) Stop thinking about it as looking... guys seem to like eye contact during oral more than staring cross-eyed at your bits lol... you have to be comfortable with the situation, on your terms, in control. Have a shower first...Try it after a glass of wine or two maybe... trust me when I say if hes any good at all you wont be thinking about ANYTHING after about thirty seconds lol :lol:

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16966 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
I got my tubes \"tied\" when I was 26, since I was tired of being on the pill, and I've never regretted it. They told me there were two options... they could put a removable clamp on them, and if I changed my mind later, the clamp could be removed and the tubes would spring back into shape. The other option was to cut them, and burn the ends so they'd never grow back together, and that's the one I chose.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17010 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
Eep. Had my second HPV jab today.

It hurt a lot more than the first..And I'm left with a bloody patch on my arm - Not sure what happened, but whatever the nurse dabbed on my arm afterwards burned through my skin and left me with that patch.

It looks as if I've grazed my arm on something. Bit concerned and not happy about it at all. It didn't happen with my first jab.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17019 by Poledra1a
Do you mind if I ask if you have had children Morgana? Its a very brave decision to have that done so young - am just curious about your motivations. Dont stress if its too personal though :)

Envy; thats a bit poo!! If she used an alcohol swab on your arm that can sting a little. What ever it was sounds like you are allergic to it. Make sure and mention that that happened next time you go in.

I have a flu vax every year and have had plenty of other needles (HPV vaccine/ tetnus/ antibiotics) and each time its different. It depends how tense you are when they give it to you - if your muscles are tense then its going to hurt a lot more. Also depends on the person giving it to you. Some Doctors and nurses are just SHIZ at giving needles. The less they have of the care factor the more it hurts. Others are brilliant and you dont feel a thing :)

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds