Show Navigation Menu

Let's talk about sex...

More
14 years 2 months ago #16878 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
Poledra1a wrote:

I guess its also kind of fail-proof. Its in your arm for a year and you dont have to worry about taking the pill every day during that time.

But yeah - not something that appealed to me either :)

It only lasts for a year? :ohmy: Whoa. I never knew that. I thought it was a once in, always in type of thing, until you wanted it out!

Definately not going to consider it then. I couldn't imagine going through that process once a year.

So far..All of my sexual partners have been virgins before they met me..I think that makes things safe..Right? We use condoms everytime anyway.

Not sure why, but I like being a guy's first. It's kind of..Cute. Not to mention, it feels like it's my first time all over again whenever I haven't had sex for a prolonged time anyway.

Excruciatingly painful. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16885 by Poledra1a
lol - I guess I can see how you could consider being a guys first cute... I dont think I'd want to deal with the whole nervous/ never done it before aspect again though lol... not that Im lazy but that sounds like a lot of hard work!!

Im a bit of a pessamist by nature so even if they consider themselves a \"virgin\"... it'd be best for your own health to keep in mind that their thoughs on virginity might vary slightly from your own... that you can catch stds such as the human papaloma virus (HPV strains are the leading cause of cervical cancer in women) from oral sex and there are also other things you can catch from body fluids. HPV can often be dormant in people (especially males :p) and have no syptoms at all. Apparently here in Oz 50% of the population have or have had HPV.

I had pre-cancerous cells lasered off of my cervix with nothing but a local anastetic. Nothing like lying on a table in an operating theatre with four people having a look whilst a male doctor uses a laser to burn sections of your own flesh away. I was lucky though. My mum had ovarian cancer and had to have a partial hystorectomy, kemo and radiation therapy for ten weeks. It made her very sick but she's come through it alright. Its an easy enough thing to be tested for and your body can fight it off... eventually. I still have to have a pap smear once a year for five years (soon to be up) just to make sure that the cells have not spread.

Pretty much, it comes down to how much you trust you life and health to someone. You're doing the smart thing Envy by using a rain coat (condom :)) but if anyone says no to coming to the doctors with you for a blood test well then I guess that should tell you something in itself.

Lol I shudder to think of my first time actually... its not something that I'd want to relive... way too awkward and like... awkward lol... :P

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16896 by SkieShauphen
I agree with the above. I hate the nervous aspect. It's nicer to have someone who knows what they are doing and will put up their own ideas on how to have fun. Sex isn't a one person sport. It takes teamwork for a good game. :laugh:

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16901 by CorpseQueen
The last few pages I haven't rellly understood, too many confusing words and so on... but the thing in your are, was it a small plastic stick? Had that for half a year, but kept bleeding for the same amount of time, so had to get it out. Un-protected now, which is a bad thing as condoms tend to break when on my boy...
But my stick would have lasted for 3 years, some go for 5 years, and it wasn't weird at all. Might be the wrong thing tho, but even as the anaesthesia didn't work at all (which I noticed after she'd inserted the giant needle into my arm) it wasn't that bad (got the real thing when taking it out tho, as she had to cut then)

If with someone new, I'd always wear a condom, no matter what. Haven't been with someone new for 2 years tho, so don't have to worry.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 2 months ago #16917 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
Yes, I was talking about the 'small plastic stick'. :P

\"HPV can often be dormant in people (especially males ) and have no syptoms at all. Apparently here in Oz 50% of the population have or have had HPV.\"

That's really scared me now. I've only ever given, regarding oral sex, and never received. That was due to a ..Weird relationship with my ex which I don't really want to get into..But I know that my current partner wants to give it a go with me..I've just been too embarassed about my lower parts so far to let him get a closer look, I guess.

Is there any way to know that someone has a dormant form of HPV? I thought you would know because of coldsores or something..I've never had them, but I also never considered dormant forms with no visible sign..

More
14 years 2 months ago #16923 by Poledra1a
Only way to be sure is to get tested for it. Genital Warts are the physical manifestation of the virus but dont always show. (just to really freak you out) they can be internal too as the virus mutates the cells - which is the same with any wart virus - be it cold sores (which is herpes and you can pick that up by using the same phone straight after someone who has them - I know people who had that happen :p) or warts that you get on your hands. The reason its bad for females is that it being an std mutates the cells of the cervix which are only detectable via a pap smear.

If its detected early its really not that bad. The warts themselves can be treated easily enough (you DO have to see a GP though - nothing over the counter will get rid of genital warts without doing yourself some serious harm) and your body can fight off the virus. but it can be carried for years.

Luckily for us women there is a vaccine to prevent up to 80% of these virus' that cause HPV. This is the Australian link for it; www.cervicalcancer.com.au . From the research I did it was definitely worth getting. They're working on the one for males.

As for your partner Envy; if you are honest with each other you can talk about it and sort it out between the two of you :) Its easy enough to go to the Doctors and have a STD screen if you are concerned in the slightest.

I know the thought of virus' is a real turn off but hey - its easily sorted out and once you talk about it its out there, you're both aware and honest and I'm sure it'll be fine :)

As for oral sex... lol...you're missing out sunshine! If you're worried about your bod (put me in that category too :)) grab some candles or dim the lights real low, try having a light sheet over the two of you too and see how it goes. If you're really pedantic lots of lather and a careful shave can help with confidence too :) I wouldn't suggest no lights though cause getting accidentally bitten is a bit of a kill joy lol :lol:

As for you Skie... nothing spells ORGASM like teamwork????? ;)

CorpseQueen; your man must be horselike lol... jebus... that is definitely a bragging right!! There are other things asides from the stick though - like has been said theres the depot injection, IUD's... stupid tablets which are good if you can remember to take them... I hate rain coats. My partner and I have both been tested and I have an IUD so we go plastic free and its fantastic :laugh:

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds