Show Navigation Menu

Topic of the day! BIGGEST regret!

More
13 years 10 months ago #25689 by Envy
gaelquereth wrote:

I regret the fact that I wanted to be a top student for the sake of parents and teachers, constantly studying- always anxious, and never enjoyed childhood.

I find that one unusual. I lost out on my childhood for the same reasons, still losing out on teen life, but I never regretted it.

Makes me wonder if I would regret it in later life. For the now, I'm content with my progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #25701 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

gaelquereth wrote:

I regret the fact that I wanted to be a top student for the sake of parents and teachers, constantly studying- always anxious, and never enjoyed childhood.

I find that one unusual. I lost out on my childhood for the same reasons, still losing out on teen life, but I never regretted it.

Makes me wonder if I would regret it in later life. For the now, I'm content with my progress.

I could add something similar... I regret not skipping school more often. There was a shopping mall about a 20 minute walk from my high school, so people were always cutting class to hang out there instead. I did go sometimes, but looking back, I wish I had gone more often. I was a good student without really trying, so my grades probably wouldn't have suffered, and I think it's a lot easier to skip school than skip work for no reason.

More
13 years 10 months ago #25720 by Madam_Mim
I don't think that I have any thing I really regret, because as a once taught me - you can not undo/regret anything you wanted to do at the time, but you can learn from it and hopefully not make the same mistake again.

I hope you understand what I mean by that I write, because it's difficult to explain with a few words :side:

More
13 years 10 months ago #25727 by millkins
Well to be honest I dunno, I made a lot of mistakes on my trail but learned something from each and every one. But my general regret is not saying what I think at the crucial of times, I sometimes just block up, and whenever that happens I regret it BIGTIME.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 10 months ago #25739 by Zenith
mmm...I gave it a thought and I don't think I regret my choices in the past as much as I regret drinking two liters of cola/pepsi a day for a year or so. It destroyed my stomach and now I have to diet and take pills

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
13 years 10 months ago #25742 by Envy
Zenith wrote:

mmm...I gave it a thought and I don't think I regret my choices in the past as much as I regret drinking two liters of cola/pepsi a day for a year or so. It destroyed my stomach and now I have to diet and take pills

That's of quite a lot of interest to me.

The ex who abused me drank 2l of cola without fail, every day. He also eats takeouts and pre-made stuff for every meal (and yet stays underweight)..

Hmm. He has an immune deficiency too.

..Yes. That information is quite intriguing to me.

Reminds me of another reason I regretted ever meeting him - He set me on the wrong path mentally, and I developed a lot of disorders. One was an eating disorder and as a consequence, my stomach is very iffy too.

Bah. My life would be completely different had I not met him.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds